IREX seeks a qualified Media Business Advisor for a 5-year USAID-funded media support program in Central Europe
Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a qualified Media Business Advisor (hereinafter “the Advisor”) candidates for a 5-year USAID-funded media support program in Central Europe which will seek to strengthen the competitiveness of independent media in the national marketplaces and improve the sustainability of the sector across the region through innovation, creative partnerships and collaboration. The Advisor will lead and support efforts that promote the use of new business models for media and content producers that strengthen their financial viability and sustainability. The Advisor will focus on working with media outlets, managers, and content producers to strengthen their business models and adopt new innovative practices that enable viability, and where possible, sustainability and/or profitability of independent media organizations. Based in Europe (preferably Poland or Central Europe), the Advisor will work remotely and rely on largely virtual engagement with colleagues. The Advisor will travel to visit the media outlets in the program countries (Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Slovenia).
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive work experience, or 6 + with a master’s degree.
- Experience in media sector, media business diversification, media strengthening and reform, journalism, civic engagement, or related fields in Central Europe preferred.
- Familiarity with the key Central European government stakeholders, relevant private sector actors and civil society organizations working on media issues, and an understanding of the dynamics and relationships among them.
- Proven track record of achieving results in media viability preferred.
- Experience in working on donor supported development programs of similar size and complexity highly preferred; knowledge of donor regulations and procedures, preferred.
- Must provide own working space, communications, internet, and accessories to support remote work (only a laptop will be provided by IREX).
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities.
- Strong representational and organizational skills.
- English language fluency is required, including the ability to provide written reporting in English.
- Significant expertise and understanding of the contemporary issues surrounding the sustainability and viability of media and the online influencer economy, content monetization strategies, and current trends in non-profit media models.
- Proven experience managing multiple complex programming in a demanding, time-sensitive work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated flexibility to meet program outcomes.
- Strong representational and organizational skills.
- Excellent cross-cultural and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated and result oriented.
- Awareness on gender equality and inclusion approach.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in your country/region.
Your Daily Tasks
- Support the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party in providing strategic and technical leadership to the project.
- Work with media outlets, managers, and content producers to strengthen their business models and adopt new innovative practices that enable viability, and where possible, sustainability and/or profitability.
- Serve as a liaison with various media stakeholders and develop a wide network of content providers throughout the region.
- Work in close coordination with IREX’s home office.
- Maintain strong networks with media outlets, managers, and content producers.
- Navigate all procedures related to logistics, procurement, and administrative requirements in accordance to IREX policies and local laws.
- Oversee and monitor quality of program activities, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Other support duties as needed.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Remote work. The eligible employee is a regular, full-time staff who works from Poland or Central Europe on a more permanent or ongoing basis.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
Submit your application to:
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator al direcției combaterea spălării banilor și finanțării terorismului
- AAH is looking for a Logistics Assistant
- Extended deadline: Internews in Moldova is recruiting a Media Quality Adviser
- National Programme Officer (SB4.4) on HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- CRS Moldova is hiring MEAL Officer(CTWWC)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de administrarea paginilor instituției pe rețelele de socializare
- APSCF contractează expert/consultant pentru prestarea serviciilor de consultanță în vederea instruirii, elaborării și reactualizării Politicilor de Protecție a Copilului (PPC) pentru organizațiile membre și partenere ale APSCF
- The Swedish Embassy in Chisinau is seeking a Housekeeper for the Residence
- Internews in Moldova is recruiting an Office Manager
- AAH is hiring Partnerships Management Officer