Safeguarding Officer- Moldova WV
Safeguarding Officer- Moldova
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Safeguarding Officer - Moldova.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
S/he is responsible for building a culture of safeguarding in Moldova under supervision of Ukraine Crisis response safeguarding expert, where staff are informed and empowered to discuss key issues, report, and take action on safeguarding violations, making World Vision a safe place for all. The position is mostly related to Social Worker profiles, Psychologists, Child Protection Specialists, English or law post-graduates.
Child & Adult Safeguarding Awareness Raising & Culture:
Conduct capacity building and training for all World vision Moldova office staff including casual workers and volunteers, partner staff
Provide safeguarding orientation to newly hired staff in Moldova office in coordination with P&C and project lead staff
Build capacity of partners of safeguarding through trainings, partner spot check, mentorship. Coaching.
Child & adult Safeguarding Incident Management:
Support UCR (Ukraine Crisis Response) Child & Adult Safeguarding expert in incident management. He/she will assist with reporting, conduct need assessment, develop and implement individual management plan and support with the investigations related to safeguarding incidents, following a survivor centered approach.
Act as a note taker and translator during investigations relating to safeguarding incidents.
Accountability to effected population:
Collaborate with MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning) team to ensure establishment of culturally appropriate complaints reporting mechanisms for all World Vision projects inside Moldova, monitor its use, adapt complaints mechanisms as needed; Ensure integration of PSEA (Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse) into all MEAL & AAP (Accountability towards Affected Population) mechanisms;
In collaboration with accountability team Ensure targeted community is aware of the behavior they should Expected from World vision staff, and its affiliates and report any breach of the policy through WV Integrated incident management system (IIM).
Develop IEC (material on Child & Adult Safeguarding Policy, under light of safeguarding standards and local procedures within response locations, such as leaflets and posters, including child-friendly material.
Ensure IEC (Information, Education, Communication) materials are appropriate with local culture in Moldova and adequately disseminated to staff, partners and beneficiaries.
Coordination and Networking:
Represent and contribute to Ukraine PSEA network and ensure World Vision Well represented
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
*Preferred, but not mandatory, 2-3 years in humanitarian and development work or similar NGO (Non-Governmental Experience) experience
• The position is mostly related to Social Worker profiles, Psychologists, Child Protection Specialists, English or law post-graduates.
* Very good English communication skills (oral and written). Fluency in Ukrainian language (oral and written).
• Understanding of safeguarding standards in humanitarian action, (Note, the term Safeguarding in the context of Humanitarian action is about protecting children and adult beneficiaries from Sexual Abuse & Exploitation or any other forms of abuse of power conducted by humanitarian staff and affiliates)
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
• A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
• Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office; Excel
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in the fields of protection, gender, social work, international development, or a related field. (Applicants qualified as Social Workers, Psychologists or graduated in English studies are highly preferred)
• Extremely strong planning and fast learning
• Strong inter-personal communication and collaboration skills
• Strong negotiation, networking, liaison,
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Knowledge of SEA (Sexual Exploitation & Abuse) issues and violations
• Compassion and commitment to ending violence and abuse against the world’s most vulnerable children and adults
• Previous experience in Child protection, GBV (Gender Based Violence), social Work
• Strong knowledge and/or previews experience on the legal mandate and authority of local and national level governmental institutions in providing protection towards children and adults, victims of violence, abuse or neglect.
TRAVEL AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to _75_% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Safeguarding-Officer--Moldova_R8263
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 31 January 2023.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Manager Financiar
- Internews în Moldova caută asistent/asistentă pentru tabăra National Geographic Photo Camp 2023 (RO/RU)
- CIDP ANIMA// Angajare_Mentori_Program coaching tineri antreprenori CATalizator economic
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, statistica datoriei externe
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Developer for upgrade of the Open Data portal (further Consultant)
- Extended deadline: UN Women National Consultant to provide a capacity-building programme on Gender Responsive Peacebuilding
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M anunță concursul de angajare pentru funcția de Manager financiar
- Ministerul Justiției anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcțiilor publice vacante din cadrul aparatului central
- Senior Assistant Translator/Interpreter (G6) - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- People in Need в поиске Координатора Детского Центра (Окница)