Position Title: Driver/Logistics & Administration Support
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Salary Grade: 9B
Type of Employment: Full-Time, 12 months with the possibility of an extension
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading humanitarian aid organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict, and disaster, helping them to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC seeks to be an operational and inspiring leader in matters of resettlement, asylum, and integration, demonstrating its credibility and expertise as a leading service provider, partner, and advocate across the arc of the global displacement crisis. IRC currently operates in the U.S., Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. For a complete listing of countries in which IRC operates and supports refugee programs, please visit http://www.rescue.org/where
Across Europe, the IRC delivers programs that address the acute humanitarian needs of asylum-seekers and other vulnerable migrants who are newly arrived, stranded, or in transit, and programs that address their longer-term integration needs.
Since the conflict in Ukraine started on February 24, 2022, which brought the consequent displacement into neighboring countries, the IRC’s new programs on protection and Refugee Info East Europe programs are being established to address the most pressing needs of people on the move across South-East Europe. IRC continues to use its voice and expertise to increase safe and legal pathways, ensure protection and improve the quality of resettlement, asylum, and integration services. The programs are implemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to perform various driving duties as well as logistical and administrative support services to assist the overall office administration functions for the IRCs premises in Moldova. Will work under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer and should be a strong team member who can assist in the continued development of the logistics team and contribute to the further effective running of IRC programs.
Do you have a strong work ethic and are passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve? Then join us!
Works directly with: The Supply Chain Officer, Head of Office, and the entire IRC Moldova team
Deadline to apply: Decenber 31, 2022.
Driving and Vehicle Management – 45%
- Transport authorized passengers on their official duties, as well as transport cargo safely and as instructed. This includes collecting materials from project sites and suppliers
- Enforce IRC policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- The driver is encouraged to drive in complete compliance with traffic laws and regulations, Ensuring that the car is safe and road-worthy;
- Be responsible for the proper use of the car, Organizing regular service schedules for the car. Maintain service schedule files Ensure security measures for a car such as parking, storage of keys, fueling, etc.;
- Making sure that accurate upkeep of the vehicle log sheets is done and accurately filed.
- Performance of daily cars and weekly inspections according to IRC standards;
- Applying the standard regulations and procedures in case of an accident;
- Organize cleaning of a car;
- Collect and submit car-related receipts to the Supply Chain Officer;
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed (if related to a car);
- Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
- Assist the Supply Chain and Administration departments in procurement, inventory & asset management, and maintenance of IRC premises as and when needed and in adherence to the relevant policies.
- Ability and willingness to undertake frequent trips to and from IRC offices.
- Dedication to working to serve humanitarian needs in line with the values of integrity, service, and accountability. Ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with IRC requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administration Functions. – 45%
Will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
- Undertake administrative tasks and duties including but not limited to running errands, delivery & distribution of letters and documentation, dispatch of payments/cheques to various vendors, mail collection, etc.
- Ensuring that all materials/goods ordered are received as per order and stored according to standard and made available to the user when required; this includes clearing arrangements (where necessary) and delivery arrangements to appropriate staff and partners.
- Support in clearing arrangements of office equipment/vehicles and arrange for delivery to appropriate destinations including partner offices.
- Ensure all office equipment such as Office generators, Air Conditions, Water Dispensers, photocopiers, Printers, telephones, etc. are in a good operational state.
- Reports immediately any problems regarding the functionality of office equipment taking place and/or any damages observed.
- Ensure availability at all times of electricity, gas, and water for office use and business continuity.
Other Duties – 10%
- Provide logistical support during workshops and field visits by the team
- Maintain good communication with visitors/guests, office and project staff, service providers, and consultants
- Any other duties related to your positions as may be assigned by the Supply Chain Officer
Knowledge and experience:
- Valid driver’s license and extensive driving experience (minimum of 3 years accident-free driving)
- Clean record
- Good-spoken Romanian and English
- Detailed with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully, on all levels. Showed ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Basic skills in minor vehicle repairs and maintenance
- Secondary school education
- Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day, 5 days a week with occasional evenings and weekends on request
- All drivers are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct every day – on the site and in the community
- Maintain confidentiality
- While in transit sites, all IRC staff must wear appropriate IRC visibility.
Candidates should submit their CV in English here: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/35317?c=rescue
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Due to the expected high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.