Position: HR Manager
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: October 2022 – April 2027
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) seeks to support Moldova’s economic recovery, advance the Government of Moldova’s economic Action Plan, strengthen public economic governance institutions, improve the trade and investment enabling environment, and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The HR Manager will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Manage the Human Resource function for the project (recruitment, hiring, performance management) in close coordination with the Director of Program Operations;
- Assists with recruiting efforts to for local long-term or short-term assignments;
- Ensure proper creation of documentation for approval of local long-term employee or short-term consultants;
- Ensures proper creation, maintenance and dissemination of all employment and consulting agreements and amendments when applicable;
- Maintain personnel files, duly documented;
- Monitor and document annual leaves and manage employees’ timesheet submission process;
- Manage consultants’ timesheet submission, track the usage of worked days and document the acceptance of services;
- Ensure team is aware of Nathan RH-related policies and procedures and they are followed as per the employee handbook, and
- Assists with compliance of labor laws regarding employment agreements;
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Director of Program Operations that are consistent with this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
The HR Manager will report to the Director of Program Operations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least two (2) years of experience in similar roles;
- University degree;
- Possess strong knowledge of local labor law;
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Proven capability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural business environment;
- Strong written and verbal English and Romanian skills; and
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (two pages maximum) to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com with “Applying for HR Manager” in the subject line. Please apply by December 6, 2022. If applying to multiple positions, please send a separate email for each position. Only long-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for test/interview.