Finance and Administrative Assistant
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s and the Government of Sweden’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming in Moldova, building on lessons learned, adaptions, progress, and relationships of previous programs over the past 15 years. Continuing previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA fosters the integration of Moldova’s green, digital, and creative innovations across the entire economy, while also focusing on the development of five target sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media. The Moldova Future Technologies Activity is implemented by Chemonics International, Inc.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Finance and Administrative Assistant supports the Finance Manager in all aspects of project accounting and financial management. The Finance and Administrative Assistant supports the routine processing of accounting transactions and adheres to home office field accounting manual procedures. In addition, the Finance and Administrative Assistant also supports with other operational and administrative processes, such as HR filing and travel bookings.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain an efficient and effective financial structure to support the project;
- Support all routine processing aspects and features of Chemonics’ ABACUS accounting software including account code assignment, bi-weekly reconciliations, and monthly bank reconciliations and financial reports, including locals submissions with pivot tables;
- Prepare all bank payments on a day-to-day basis and document all incoming and outgoing money. Review payments to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate;
- Ensure the maintenance of proper accounting documentation, including uploading all financial documentation to the project’s SharePoint site and ensuring confidentiality;
- Ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable and in accordance with USAID cost principles and Chemonics policies and procedures;
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual; and
- Prepare local mandatory documentation for expenses for HR and Accounting
- Review all coding sheets before they are sent to the Finance Manager & Program Services Director for approval.
- Maintain HR files, including updating trackers related long-term and short-term personnel and drafting employment and consulting agreements for the Finance Manager’s review;
- Support travel booking for staff and beneficiaries by researching and booking flight and hotel options with Chemonics’ home office or local travel agents; and
- Provide timely office management support to project team members to maintain the office environment and support the team with staff engagement activities
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in accounting, financial support, or operations required;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred; and
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Finance and Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.