America House Chișinău is looking for a Communications Coordinator.
America House Chișinău is the flagship cultural center of the United States in Moldova, designed to increase mutual understanding between Moldova and the United States through programs and informational resources. The Center is administered by the „Academy for Innovation and Change through Education” NGO under a cooperative agreement.
America House Chisinau offers programs/activities in six core areas: English language activities, EducationUSA advising, U.S. Government Exchange Alumni engagement, Cultural programs, and information about the United States. The Center also offers resources, such as books, films and documentaries, games, and Internet access.
Under the general supervision of the American House Program Manager and the „Academy for Innovation and Change through Education” NGO President, the Communications Coordinator works on promotions, content production, and dissemination of content via social media platforms to build brand awareness, provide relevant information to users, and attract audiences to the center. The Communications also liaises with Embassy staff on communications and content priorities.
- Strong knowledge of social media and web technologies;
- Previous experience in creating content for / running a Facebook and Instagram page;
- Graphic design skills;
- Computer skills, including the ability to use Excel, electronic databases, and search engines;
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media analytics and reporting tools;
- Customer Service skills:
- Experience providing customer service to a diverse audience, including via digital platforms;
- Experience working with building brand awareness with audiences ages 14 and up.
- Communication skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in Romanian, English, and Russian, with minimal review and correction.
- Ability to prepare written reports and maintain accurate records.
- Organization skills:
- Skill in prioritizing work assignments.
- Ability to carry out routine tasks with minimal supervision.
- Education—university degree or candidacy in communication/journalism or other related fields;
- Enthusiasm for American culture and cross-cultural development between U.S. and Moldova;
- Ability to assess community interest in American topics and other areas of interest;
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of a team;
- Attention and adherence to detail, accuracy, timeliness, tact, and confidentiality.
- Runs America House Chisinau Facebook and Instagram pages by posting daily relevant content;
- Runs America House Chisinau website;
- Runs relevant Facebook and Instagram campaigns, contents, quizzes and other activities meant to inform and increase the number of America House Chisinau followers and beneficiaries;
- Assists America House Program Manager with content production, including but not limited to photography, graphic design, and video;
- Plans, develops and implements public outreach strategies for America House Chisinau;
- Contributes to maintaining and promoting America House Chisinau brand;
- Is responsible for the development of America House Chisinau brand awareness and online reputation;
- Markets America House Chisinau to target audiences;
- Interacts America House Chisinau audience via social networking: monitors online interaction, responds to inquiries, conducts surveys, opinion polls and contests;
- Monitors and implements new trends in social media tools and applications;
- Tracks the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices.
- Liaises with media to publicize America House Chisinau events and ensure media coverage via strategic partners, such as, but not limited to www.civic.md, www.diez.md, www.youth.md, www.profesor.md, etc.
- Works closely with the Program Manager to help organize, implement and reflect all activities and events on the America House Chisinau webpage, Instagram, and Facebook page.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: December 6, 2022
HOW TO APPLY: Fill out the application form https://forms.gle/JsTy6TmonLgsT5bz6
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE JOB OPENING: Feel free to address questions to email@example.com