DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, respect for human rights, and gender equality. Since its founding in 2000, DCAF has contributed to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states, and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity‐building of both state and non‐state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF’s Foundation Council members represent over 50 countries and the Canton of Geneva. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the principles of neutrality, impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. For more information visit www.dcaf.ch and follow us on Twitter @DCAF_Geneva.
For our Europe and Central Asia Division, we are looking for a motivated and highly qualified individual to be our next:
Finance and Administrative Officer (100%)
- Location: Chisinau, Moldova
- Starting date: 1 January 2023
- Note: The project is pending final approval of project donor. The actual employment and start date are conditional to the donor’s decisions.
- Duration: 12-months fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension
- Unit: Europe and Central Asia Division, Operations Department (OPS ECA)
- Place of Work: DCAF Office, Chisinau
Under the supervision of the Geneva-based programme manager and the Head of Office in Chisinau, the incumbent will support DCAF in the implementation of the programme “Strengthening Security Sector Governance in Moldova” (SSGM).
Overall tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform all administrative tasks related to the functioning of the DCAF branch office (Chisinau);
- Perform all financial tasks related to the functioning of the DCAF branch office (Chisinau) such as petty cash, payment orders, and alike;
- Support the SSGM team in Chisinau in all logistical organisation of workshops/trainings and conferences on the ground in close coordination with programme staff based in Geneva;
- Assist in the preparation of meetings organised on the ground;
- Maintain a well-functioning internal filing system of the Chisinau office (hardcopy and electronic);
- Perform financial tasks related to donor reporting and monitoring & evaluation activities, upon request and according to need.
- University degree in a relevant field such as economics, financial management, or accounting;
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience in financial management of development projects (required);
- Prior experience in assisting project management, including the organisation of conferences, workshops, and training activities, is an asset;
- Prior experience in drafting contracts, reports, and correspondence is an asset;
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office tools.
- Moldovan citizenship/valid residency at the time of application;
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to work independently and deliver results within the given deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- High attention to detail.
- A rewarding, dynamic, and challenging work experience;
- The chance to be part of a multi-cultural team of supportive, hardworking, value-driven people;
- The chance to contribute to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights.
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please apply online at https://dcaf-flexperso.ch by 4 December 2022, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages) in English.
Note: The project is pending final approval of project donor. The actual employment and start date are conditional to the donor’s decisions.
Candidates are requested to provide an indication of their preferred start date.
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.