INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS PROCUREMENT NOTICE (CIVIC.MD)
UNDP MOLDOVA is hiring an International Consultant to support the Government of Moldova in the transposition of the Network Code on Electricity Emergency and Restoration (emerging support) under Programme “Addressing the impacts of energy crisis and initiating solutions toward energy security and addressing energy poverty” (FPI Programme).
The general objective of the assignment is to support TSO and National Agency for Energy Regulation to transpose into the national regulation framework the Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/2196 of 23 November 2017 establishing a network code on electricity emergency restoration.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in the economics, electrical engineering, machinery, law, or other related areas is
- At least 6 years of professional experience in the energy market (experience with TSO, DSO, market participant, or energy regulatory authority);
- At least 5 years of international working experience in institutional consultancy.
- Proven professional record of involvement in Moldova’s electricity-related tasks will be a strong
- Excellent knowledge of the Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/2196 of 24 November 2017 network code on electricity emergency restoration;
- Familiarity with Moldova TSO responsibilities and activity with regard to electricity emergency restoration
- Familiarity with the RM-EU Association Agreement, Energy Community Treaty, and other international and regional commitments of Moldova;
- Strong analytical and report-writing skills demonstrated by previous assignments;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with Government representatives, demonstrated by previous assignments;
- Proficiency in Knowledge of Romanian and Russian will be an asset.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Proposal, explaining why he/she is most suitable for the work, including past experience in similar assignments, providing brief information on the above qualifications and methodology on how he/she will approach and conduct the work (if applicable).
- OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP CONFIRMING INTEREST AND AVAILABILITY FOR THE INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR (IC) ASSIGNMENT.
- CV with at least three names for a reference check.
Important notice: The applicants who have the statute of Government Official / Public Servant prior to appointment will be asked to submit the following documentation:
- a no-objection letter in respect of the applicant received from the Government, and;
- the applicant is certified in writing by the Government to be on official leave without pay for the entire duration of the Individual
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables (i.e. whether payments fall in instalments or upon completion of the entire contract). Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including fees, taxes, travel costs, accommodation costs, communication, and number of anticipated working days).
All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. This includes all travel to join duty station/repatriation travel. In general, UNDP should not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources.
In the case of unforeseeable travel, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
HOW TO APPLY: To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNDP Moldova webpage UNDP Moldova | Current Vacancies
Application deadline: 21 November 2022, 4:30 PM