People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest reliefs and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
Under overall supervision of the Communication and Advocacy Manager, the Communication Officer will provide support to PIN Moldova Communications and to the Programmes Teams in promoting the image and brand of People in Need, as well as in disseminating the results and achievements of projects and activities realised by PIN Moldova team. Editing and writing multi-media materials, including preparing content in Russian and potentially in Ukrainian languages for the organisation’s webpage, will be an important part of the role. In this role, they should have an understanding of and interest in research, policy, and social media marketing. They should have good communication skills and strong attention to detail. Ultimately, the goal of the communication officer will be to help create effective content and support clear communication of PIN messages across all channels.
Availability for travel within the country up to 50% of the time it’s a must.
We offer work experience and capacity building with the opportunity of learning about different development projects and humanitarian aid interventions, gaining experience in creating content and visual materials for social media.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinates with partner or beneficiary organisations to ensure the implementation of communication guidelines (mainly in EU-funded projects)
- Manages the social media accounts of PIN Moldova and increases engagement, and suggests content for social media accounts managed globally by PIN HQ
- Disseminates press releases and success stories to media outlets with national or local coverage
- Manages content of PIN Moldova microsite, including creating or translating content in Russian and Ukrainian languages
- Prepares media outputs and campaigns, according to communication plans of projects implemented by PIN Moldova
- Provides support in organising events (project launching events, conferences, presentations, etc.) and assists with participation of PIN Moldova in external events
- Translates content from/to English, Russian and Romanian, and potentially Ukrainian
- Degree in communication, journalism, language studies, literature or related field or track record of relevant experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the communication or journalism fields;
- Good knowledge of website development and management, experienced content creator for social media;
- Good knowledge of video editing and photo editing softwares;
- Excellent writing skills, preferably in Romanian and Russian;
- Availability, including ability to undertake regular field visits all over Moldova;
- Experience in the NGO/INGO field with a focus on civil society development or emergency programs is an advantage;
- Excellent written and spoken command of Romanian and Russian. Good command of English (and potentially of Ukrainian) is an advantage.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references (could be included the supervisor in the most recent work assignment).
The above shall be sent to the following address: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/34DE8E7B57/apply/
Deadline for applications: December 05th, 2022, by COB.
The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis. Application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keeping such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending an according notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.