Position: Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Specialist
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period: November 2022 – October 2023, renewable
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing, or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, India, and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) is a five-year project that aims to improve the business, investment, and trade enabling environment in cooperation with the Government of Moldova (GoM) to respond to an unprecedented economic crisis due to the war in Ukraine, as well as to support Moldova’s economic recovery, including to: advance the GoM’s economic action plan; strengthen public economic governance institutions; improve transport, logistics, trade, and commerce; and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness; among other needs. MISRA is also building the capacity of the GoM to better engage and strategically communicate its economic plan, progress, and results to the private sector, civil society, and the public. These activities include intensive support to select GoM institutions with digitalization to improve transparency, accountability, access to information, and public services.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Specialist will support the development and implementation of MISRA’s ICT activities across all program components, under the leadership of the MISRA Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for Digitalization. The ICT Specialist will recommend appropriate IT management solutions to strengthen GoM and private sector institutions, consistent with the program work plan, and ensure smooth operation of solutions implemented by MISRA. Support will include, but not be limited to reviewing, recommending, and developing IT solutions/concepts, including to: prepare technical specifications; monitor the software development process of subcontractors, e.g., piloting and testing new software; liaise with the end users/owners of the systems to ensure that functionalities meet technical requirements; meet with government and private sector partners; and participate in IT procurement and decision-making.
Specific tasks include:
- Manage ongoing ICT initiatives and ensure timely and successful completion
- Provide technical support and oversight to ongoing program ICT initiatives, including development of technical specifications.
- Monitor the development and implementation of ICT systems.
- Recommend enhancements, improvements, and other adjustments to achieve desired objectives.
- Monitor and test the developed systems to ensure they comply with technical specifications.
- Review ICT proposals
- Support the program team in reviewing proposals for new ICT initiatives.
- Support the development of ICT solutions and technical specifications
- Help map business processes.
- In cooperation with technical teams, identify streamlining measures through automation and introduction of e-solutions.
- Develop terms of reference and technical tasks, including objectives, specific work to be performed, costs, timelines, final deliverables, etc.
- Support the preparation of ICT procurement documents, including the technical specifications.
- Evaluate proposals for ICT procurement.
- Assist the DCOP/Digitalization in reporting on MISRA’s ICT activities and achievements.
- Maintain work products (materials, documents, publications, tools, etc.) and version control.
The ICT Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for Digitalization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 6-10 years of experience preferred working in the ICT sector in positions such as software developer, system analyst, computer network administrator, database administrator, etc.
- Experience preparing software requirements specifications, terms of references for ICT related activities, concepts for ICT systems, etc.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems (RDBMS) like MS SQL Server, Oracle SQL, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluency preferred in English and Romanian, speaking and writing.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (three pages maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applying for ICT Specialist” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is November 18, 2022.