Job title: Digitalization Advisor
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Timeframe: Approximately 3 years, contingent upon continued funding of the project by the program’s funder
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is a program administered by IREX and funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program’s purpose is to a) improve the capacity of local authorities, including their ability to work inclusively with citizens and civil society, to increase revenues, improve financial management practices, and b) build on this work with localities to improve the functionality of fiscal, administrative and political arrangements between the central and local governments to improve public services for residents of Moldova and increase their trust in public sector institutions.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified candidates for a full time Digitalization Advisor position. The Digitalization Advisor will strategize with the program and program partners (including LPAs, e-Governance Agency, Chisinau municipality and others) to develop robust and sustainable approaches to digitalize services towards streamlining service provision to citizens and improve transparency. The Digitalization Advisor will support the program and the international partner hired to advise on digitalization of internal processes and local government services to increase transparency and accountability of public institutions through innovative technologies, data, and digitalization. Illustrative interventions under the digitalization activity may include the expansion of one-stop citizen information and service centers to new municipalities, and their integration with other platforms for digital service provision; open contracting or public budget planning and execution visualization such as budget.md.gov.md, etc.
The incumbent will be responsible for the performance of the assigned tasks within the Comunitatea Mea program, including meeting programmatic goals, remaining compliant with IREX and USAID regulations. He/She will report to the Chief of Party. The position is based in the Chisinau project office with travel as needed throughout Moldova and regular phone and videoconference communication with Washington, DC based staff.
Your Background & Skills
- Legal resident of Moldova with authorization to work.
- Higher education in IT related discipline (certificates from well-known institutions will be considered as additional advantage);
- Minimum 5 years of expert IT experience, including on development and implementation of digital solutions to streamline internal processes and reporting. Experience with digitalization solutions for public institutions highly preferred
- Experience with open source and open data preferred.
- Ability to recommend hardware and software specification needs for variety of project applications;
- Professional experience working on donor funded international development programs;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and proficiency in Romanian or Russian required.
Your Daily Tasks
- Provide expertise in digitalization of local administrative services, asset management tools, budget planning and execution, budget data visualization, public procurement and acquisition and other local government processes. Work closely with CM’s international partner providing general advisory support on digitalization of public services;
- Coordinate CM’s digitalization agenda by advising on best practices and ensure coordination on digital solutions development with CM components and stakeholders.
- Provide inputs for internal and donor reporting, as necessary;
- Ensure high quality project deliverables and results are being met;
- Develop and support the creation of project materials;
- Ensure collaboration and coordination with CM program activities;
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as assigned.
Submit your application to: Digitalization Advisor, Communities and Governance Practice (NEW) | IREX Job Board (ultipro.com)
Applicants may be selected for an interview on a rolling basis.