GIZ - Advisor on Municipal Services Development in Leova Rayon
GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Municipal Services Development in Leova Rayon for its project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”, which is financed by both the European Union as well as the German Government.
This position is expected to start on the 15th of November 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension. The permanent workplace for this position will be based in Chisinau.
The primary role of the Advisor is to support local public authorities in the improving of public service delivery in water supply and sanitation, solid waste management and energy efficiency and ultimately to increase the number of citizens with access to improved public services in Leova communities.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Providing day-to-day guidance to municipalities in the implementation of local planning framework for public service improvements;
- Offering support to selected Local Public Authorities (LPAs) and service providers in the development and implementation of concrete and action-oriented Service Improvement Plans (SIPs);
- Leading capacity development assistance to municipalities to improve the implementation of SIPs;
- Facilitation of constructive dialogue between civil society and public decision-makers during the process of development and implementation of the SIPs;
- Communicate with all Strong Business and Communities project technical advisors to ensure harmonized and effective implementation of all activities in the selected municipalities;
- Participation and contribution to work plan activities and monitor work plan progress in partner municipalities and report regularly to the component leader and project manager to ensure progress and achievement of desired results.
- Master’s degree or other equivalent graduation in Public Administration, Social Sciences, Economics, Management, Organizational Development, or other relevant fields;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in areas of regional and local development;
- In depth understanding of the municipal administration / local public authority and support structures;
- Experience with managing projects, and developing processes that work within the environment and culture of the organization;
- Expertise in developing and maintaining strong Partner relationships including negotiation skills with internal and external resources;
- Previous professional expertise in interacting with local and regional public authorities, intermediary organizations as well as government stakeholders;
- Extensive network among civil society and governmental stakeholders;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Critical thinking and openness to new approaches and 'better ways' - avoids taking the path of least resistance;
- Proven experience in coordinating capacity development programmes;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proven excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian, Russian and English;
- Fluency in the use of software applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Microsoft 365;
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 01st of November 2022, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Требуются работники на производстве в Комрате
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - Enhancing democracy in Moldova through inclusive and transparent elections (phase II) Project
- WeWorld Moldova is looking for English Teachers
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, statistica monetară și financiară (perioadă determinată)
- Senior Driver/Dispatcher (G3) - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- CRS Moldova is hiring Project Assistant MEAL
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- Angajăm șef secție voluntariat la Centrul Municipal de Tineret Chișinău
- Asociația Obștească HOMECARE anunta concurs pentru angajarea unui psiholog( UNFPA)