Protection Assistant (Community Social worker)
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is an international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris. Its activities range from emergency relief to development projects. With a team of 5,900 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year, reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
The unprecedented humanitarian disaster faced by the Ukrainians is taking a dramatic turn, with millions of people are displaced in various areas.
ACTED helps ensuring they can receive the basic support they need, including water, food and hot meals, blankets, hygiene supplies and access to mobile heating points.
ACTED is fully mobilized in Moldova and needs your help!
ACTED has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH) and ensures that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited. All candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and screening checks in line with legal requirements. Any candidate offered a job will sign ACTED’s Code of Conduct and related policies as part of their work contract. All staff are expected to abide by the standards of behaviour outlined in those documents.
Please note that any candidate offered a job will sign the Code of Conduct, and related policies, as part of their work contract. Misconduct can lead to dismissal.
We are looking for qualified national staff for the following vacant position:
Position: Protection project Assistant (Community Social worker)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Starting date: as soon as possible
Deadline to Apply : ASAP
The community-based protection assistant is responsible for supporting the Protection Officer in organising and carrying out the activities aimed at reinforcing the social cohesion between the host community and the refugees’ community in three different areas in Moldova. This can include recreational activities, child-friendly spaces, cultural events, awareness-raising activities, etc.
1. Ensure that the community-based protection activities are performed according to the humanitarian standards
2. Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
1. Support the Project Officer in the implementation of the activities of the project
1.1. Plan, carry out and document all activities necessary to achieve project objectives;
1.2. Implementation of a referral system;
1.3. Collect reports, statistics and other general information from the different structures and transmit them to the project officer;
1.4. Ensure the establishment and strengthen community-based protection mechanisms;
2. Ensure good communication and representation of the organization at the local level
2.1. Compile activity reports and transmit them to the Project Officer
2.2. Under the supervision of Project Officer, represent the organization to local authorities and other partners;
2.3. Report on the evolution of activities to the Project Officer according to a periodicity set by the latter;
2.4. Regularly inform the Project Officer of the evolution of the security situation in the area;
2.5. Communicate the schedule of field missions and its progress to the Project Manager.
3. Other tasks
3.1. Perform other related tasks as requested by the hierarchy;
3.2. Represent the organization in a professional manner consistent with the partnership rules established with donors, beneficiaries, state authorities, etc;
3.3. Adhere to and respect the general humanitarian principles and principles expressed in the Code of conduct;
3.4. Ensure the respect and proper use of the resources and equipment made available by the organization for the workflow;
3.5. Ensure the confidentiality of information relating to any activity.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Collect and analyse preliminary information through key informant interviews and focus group discussions (during the first month)
- Support the Project Officer in establishing partnerships with civil society organisations (CSOs) or with community-based organisations (CBOs) (during the first two months)
- Support the Project Officer in managing and monitoring the implementation of the community-based protection activities in three locations in Moldova throughout the length of the contract
- Degree in social sciences/social work/education/psychology
- Experience in the implementation of activities in the fields of education and/or social work
- Experience in conducting interviews and focus group discussions
- Experience with participatory and community-based approaches
- Knowledge of the Moldovan context
- Good knowledge of Romanian, English and Russian
In order to apply for this position please follow the below sample suggestions:
- CV with no more than 1-4 pages in ENGLISH language;
- Named as First_Last_Name_ desired position_CV;
- If you consider to send Letter of intention name as - First_LastName_desired position_Letter of Intention.
Please apply only if you are able to work full time.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com.
ACTED - reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.
*All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. It will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.