UNICEF Moldova is hiring a national individual consultant to support the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection to achieve General Objective 3 of the National Program for Child Protection (2022 – 2026) and the Action Plan for its implementation: “Overall objective 3: Children grow up in a safe and protective family environment.”
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced academic degree in political science, social policy, economics, law or other relevant field;
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the field of child protection, social protection, social work and/or social assistance, or human rights;
- Excellent knowledge of international child rights standards and national policy and regulatory framework, including in emergency contexts;
- Excellent knowledge on the national child protection system, services and stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in Romanian and working knowledge of English is required.
HOW TO APPLY: To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF webpage:
Applications for this assignment must be received no later than: 9 October 2022
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants from under-represented groups will be given priority in case of equal qualification. UNICEF is committed to reasonably accommodate the working environment for the persons with disabilities.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.