HR-Consulting Srl on behalf of its client - an international NGO "The International Committee of the Red Cross" is looking for a highly professional candidate to fulfill the position of a Dispatcher.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its operations in Moldova.
Number of positions: 1 position
Duty Station: Moldova - Chisinau
Reports to: Logistician 2
Duration of Contract: 1 year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal based on needs and performance and Budget availability).
Dispatcher position dispatches vehicles in a safe, objective-driven, and economical manner and organizes drivers’ assignments.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Independently works to ensure that the fleet is used in a rational manner.
- Organizes and plans drivers' duties and assignments; dispatches the assigned vehicles.
- Monitors and records vehicle use and fuel consumption.
- Keeps track of all vehicle movements using Humanav or similar tools.
- Where necessary, checks that field-trip forms are filed and correspond to the assigned mission and that log books are filled out.
- Coaches and trains drivers to increase their capacity skills.
- Analyses and mitigates risks (vehicle looting and safety hazards) in dangerous locations.
- Takes all necessary steps to implement the delegation's security rules.
- Ensures that risks are mitigated by performing the controls assigned to his/her role as described in the Logistics Risk and Control Matrix.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- Secondary school or technical/professional school diploma.
- Two years' work experience in a similar field.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with all-terrain vehicles and VHF radio.
- Good geographical knowledge of the area of assignment.
- Driving license B
- Teamwork and collaboration.
The organization offers you:
- You will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times.
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- The competitive compensation package is a monthly salary with social security benefits.
Interested candidates may send CVs to HR-Consulting (www.search4staff.com) email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the relevant vacancy code DRC in the subject line or resume.
For more information, please call: +373 22 20 29 86; +373 60 102 909
The successful candidate will undergo a three months probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).