Terms of Refference
Regarding the selection of a company/expert to develop the Strategic Plans for 15 NGOs from FEDRA network within the project "Aid for Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Other Genetic Disorders in the Republic of Moldova, II".
During the period June 2022 – December 2024, ADRA Czech Republic, ADRA Moldova with Association “SOS Autism” are implementing the project "Aid for Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Other Genetic Disorders in Moldova, II”, funded by the Czech Development Cooperation Programme.
The aim of the project is to support the social inclusion of children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other rare diseases in various regions of Moldova by increasing the availability of services at the local level and improving legislation on this issue. This project wants to build on the results and outputs of the project "Helping children with ASD and other genetic disorders in Moldova", which took place in 2018-2021. We want to continue further activities to promote respect for the rights of people with ASD and their social inclusion.
Given the worldwide increase in the number of children with ASD and other genetic disorders, the benefits of the proposed project are indisputable. Moldova still lacks the possibility of diagnosis, especially at an early stage of the disease or when it is only of a mild nature. Because of this, the disease is not detected in time, and therefore children do not receive proper care and treatment, which leads to a deterioration in their condition. Moldova does not have thorough official statistics on the number of people with ASD, does not record the number of children diagnosed with ASD, and therefore there are no plans considering the implementation of support mechanisms. The lack of information fuels indifference, and the government, based on these inconsistent statistics, lives in the erroneous belief that there is no need to support services for people living with ASD.
This project is therefore a response to the lack of government measures and to the poor access of people with ASD and other rare genetic diseases to social and health services, as well as to the unemployment of this target group. Through the project activities, we want to compensate for these shortcomings and contribute to solving this issue.
The purpose of the above mentioned project is to increase the availability of services for people with ASD and genetic disorders in Moldova by improving the legislative framework.
The project aims to achieve the following specific objectives:
1. Monitoring and evaluation of public policies and legislative acts in the field of social services provision for people with ASD and rare genetic disorders
2. Expanding social services for people with ASD and rare genetic disorders and increasing the capacity of social service workers, professionals from different regions
3. Promoting social inclusion for people with ASD and rare genetic disorders
Direct target groups are ABA Professionals, 15 FEDRA organizations, 100 parents/caregivers of children with ASD and rare genetic disorders, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labour, Social Protection and Family in Moldova, Ministry of Education, Culture and Research in Moldova, Local governments, 150 PHC/health professionals, 30 behavioural specialists and 60 ABA professionals (behavioural psychotherapists)
Final beneficiaries of the project
People with ASD and rare genetic disorders including their family members/caregivers
Communities in which will be involved the capacitated professionals from medical, educational, vocational ABA sector in order to offer specialized social services addressed to children and families will become more inclusive, and members will understand the importance of social support for the appropriate time.
ADRA Czech Republic is a major Czech NGO with over 30 years of experience with humanitarian and development projects. ADRA CR has been collaborating on projects in Moldova since 2008. With local partners, ADRA CR has contributed towards the development of inclusive education and to its introduction to Moldovan schools.
ADRA CR has extensive experience with projects funded by the Czech Development Agency in the context of Moldova and due to its relations with various other Czech institutions can facilitate the transfer of Czech know-how to Moldova. Further, ADRA CR will ensure the timely and cost effective execution of planned project activities through the supervision of project process.
ADRA Moldova runs for 23 years already a Child at Risk Project that is a shelter for children where they stay 24/7, that previously also benefitted Czech Funding. The Children Centre is accredited by the state and works for rehabilitation and reintegration of the children at risk. ADRA Moldova has vast experience in organizing activities with children. More than 10 years ADRA Moldova organizes children camps, including children camps for children with special educational needs. ADRA organizes social services for children born in prison for 11 years already. ADRA Moldova has also implemented a series of projects in Water and Sanitation direction.
AO SOS AUTISM is one of the few organizations in Republic of Moldova that was founded and is run by parents of children with autism. The SOS Autism Association has been actively involved in the development of autistic awareness programs, early intervention for children with autism, training of specialists in the field of modern techniques of intervention in autism and other associated disabilities, inclusion of children with autism in kindergartens and schools, workshops for parents and teachers, mobilization of constituents in advocacy campaigns, promotion of inclusion and non-discrimination of people with ASD. The organization also promotes and is committed to adopting national legislation to the international one on autism. The basic priority is to promote respect for the rights of children with autism and connected disorders and to strengthen and mobilize NGOs in the field to promote respect for their rights.
Description and scope of the assignment
The overall objective of the assignment is to develop three year Strategic Plans for 15 NGOs of FEDRA network in order to establish the strategic direction and action that would like to follow. The evaluation will be based on the methodology and tools developed jointly by the FEDRA Network and project experts, with the support of an expert from the Czech Republic.
Objectives of the study
- Review the vision and mission of each partner organization;
- Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis;
- Undertake a situation analysis of NGOs services;
- Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas;
- Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations, if any;
- Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results for each organization;
- Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period;
- Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic Plans of each organization;
- Finalize strategic plans.
Roles and responsibilities
The contracted company/expert has the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of the Strategic Plan process (Review of the documents, develop the strategic planning framework and methodology, develop strategic plan template);
- Moderation of Strategic Planning Workshop in each of 15 NGOs (according to the proposed methodology);
- Develop Strategic Plans for each 15 NGO partners.
- A three-year strategic plan including a results and resources framework;
- Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops.
Candidates will provide to ADRA Moldova the offer.
The technical offer, which will be presented in English and will include:
- Outline of the methodology based on the above-mentioned methodological requirements;
- Description of the main strategic planning tools to be applied;
- The work plan presenting the expected results at each stage and the person responsible for supervising the work;
- CVs of qualified experts who will be involved in all the stages of the process.
Project budget in MDL. The financial offer will include all costs associated with this service, including communication, shipping, etc. The financial offer document will include the date, signature and firm stamp.
Applicants must note that the studies are scheduled for October-December 2022.
Other terms and conditions
Payment mechanism: The fee will be paid after the signing of the minutes of the delivery and receipt of the works.
- At least 5 years of experience in Strategic Planning and Management of NGOs,
- Previous experience in conducting similar assignments with Non-Governmental Organizations working with children with disabilities will be an asset;
- Highly qualified experts with extensive experience in Strategic Planning and Organizational Development (CVs will be included in the offer);
- Skills or skills demonstrated to manage a contract with donors, including an appropriate accounting system, skills to operate within a budget, and ensure quality performance;
- Communication skills and interpersonal skills needed to work with representatives of local authorities, service providers and beneficiaries;
- Advanced knowledge of English.
Deadline for submission of the offer
The file will be presented in Romanian and English until 17:00, 05.10.2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aliona Dumitraş, 068878788
Ana Kremenic, email@example.com