Job Title: Project Assistant Accountability
Department: Communications, Accountability and Learning
Reports To: Cassandra Welch
Contract Duration: 12
Country/Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV with email to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Project Assistant Accountability”.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As the Russian invasion expands in Ukraine, an enormous humanitarian crisis is developing across the country and region. The United Nations (UN) estimates that more than four million Ukrainians will be forced to flee the country if there is no cessation of the invasion, while millions of others will be displaced internally within Ukraine. Neighboring countries are quickly easing entry restrictions and preparing to host large numbers of refugees, as cars are lined up for miles on the Ukrainian sides of borders.
The Accountability and Safeguarding Project Assistant will support CRS Moldova’s accountabilities activities including the monitoring of CRS Moldova’s feedback, complaint and response mechanisms (FCRM) with communities, CRS and donors. The Project Assistant will provide support and feedback response in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) technical and operational staff to promote the delivery of high-quality programming to CRS participants.
CRS is hiring for this position for 6 months, with the opportunity to extend. CRS will also consider consultancy agreements for candidates who prefer this option.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality customer service support to refugees and host communities reaching out via various feedback channels.
- Provide timely and accurate information to address the needs and concerns of program participants
- Monitor the country program’s FCRM system, working closely with key staff to ensure timely and appropriate responses. Ensure that any feedback or complaints are addressed and follow up until the case is closed.
- Ensure that the functioning of the feedback mechanism is optimized, prioritizing the safety and well-being of the participating populations with whom CRS works.
- Channel complaints and comments from participants, ensuring that complaints or feedback are recorded in the database, liaising with field staff and the MEAL team at programme level.
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes as needed.
- Provide translation of information, education and communication material as needed.
- High School Diploma required. Professional Diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration a plus.
- Experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
Required Languages – Written and spoken proficiency in Romanian, Ukrainian and/or Russian, and English required.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel within Moldova, up to 25%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicates strategically under pressure
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Project Manager, Project Officer, other project team members, Chief of Party, Operations Manager, Technical Advisors
External: Caritas Moldova staff, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection officials, local government officials, community and Church leaders, UNHCR, cluster coordination coordinators
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer; CRS is always looking for qualified, diverse and compelling candidates to join our agency and support our great work.
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- Please note that applications will be continuously reviewed, and CRS reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.