Job Title: Project Assistant
Reports to: Program Manager
Department: Education and Psychosocial Support
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV with email to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Project Assistant”.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As the Russian invasion expands in Ukraine, an enormous humanitarian crisis is developing across the country and region. The United Nations (UN) estimates that more than four million Ukrainians will be forced to flee the country if there is no cessation of the invasion, while millions of others will be displaced internally within Ukraine. Neighboring countries are quickly easing entry restrictions and preparing to host large numbers of refugees, as cars are lined up for miles on the Ukrainian sides of borders.
As a member of the CRS Moldova project team, and in close coordination with Caritas Moldova, you will assist project implementation in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve conflict-affected Ukrainians in Moldova. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
CRS is hiring for this position for 6 months, with the opportunity to extend. CRS will also consider consultancy agreements for candidates who prefer this option.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities in line with CRS’ program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Support logistical and administrative implementation of project activities when needed.
- Liaise with partner organizations and other stakeholders when needed.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in project support. Experience working in the field of social services, education, psychosocial work, or social work and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Computer skills required.
Required Languages – Written and spoken proficiency in English and Russian and/or Romanian required. Proficiency in any other language spoken in Moldova or surrounding countries is a plus.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel within Moldova up to 60%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Moldovan and/or Ukrainian education system, social work system, and psychosocial field
- Communicates strategically under pressure
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners, community members, and government officials
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Manager, Project Officer, logistics staff
External: Caritas Moldova, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection officials, local government officials, community and Church leaders, community members, local partners
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer