Job Description – Finance Subaward Officer for Moldova and Romania
POSITION: Finance Subaward Officer
Position Purpose: Position Purpose:This position will be responsible for managing administrative processes that will support efficient sub-recipient monitoring ensuring full compliance with PH rules, regulations & policies as well as continuous improvement of financial systems and compliance levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support and first review of Partner Pre-award assessment as per PH Sub-award
• Provide support and first review of Partner Pre-award assessment as per PH Sub-award procedures,
• Draft Partner monitoring plan for Regional Finance Director review,
• Provide first review of partner budgets according to partner budget review checklist,
• Review sub-award financial reporting package, amounts, calculations and supporting documents, ensuring compliance with supporting documentation matrix and compile all with supporting documentation matrix and compile all comments in one document.
• Assist in sub-award site monitoring visits as per monitoring plan and provide report to Assist in sub-award site monitoring visits as per monitoring plan and provide report to Finance Director
• Maintain subgrant financial files, process sub-award payments and reconcile subgrant financial tracking to general ledger reports.
• Track Financial reports submissions and Partner’s payments and projections, and update Partner Trackers.
• Track Partners’ expenditures against budgets and flag any issues to Programme team and Finance Director
• Make sure that reports and all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to PH procedures.
• Assist in the training and support for local NGOs, including answering daily questions,training new hires, making visits to Partners’ offices, etc
• Other tasks assigned by Regional Finance Director
Essential Skills and Requirements:
• A university degree in Accounting or Business Administration A university degree in Accounting or Business Administration
• Minimum 2 years’ of finance experience, including an extensive experience in the administrative and financial management of overseas programs or equivalent combination ofeducation and experience.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)including familiarity with database systems; Extensive experience in working withcomputerized accounting systems
• Must be able to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support fromwithin the organization
• Experience in managing procurement and logistical procedures and policies
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Experience working within an international environment preferred.
In order to apply for this position please follow the below sample suggestions:
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV with no more than 1-4 pages in ENGLISH language;
- Named as First_Last_Name_ desired position_CV;
- If you consider to send Letter of intention name as - First_LastName_desired position_Letter of Intention.
Please also mention contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.