Finance and Investment Activity Lead/Chemonics International
Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Funded by USAID and Sweden
Finance and Investment Activity Lead
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s and the Government of Sweden’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming in Moldova, building on lessons learned, adaptions, progress, and relationships of previous programs over the past 15 years. Continuing previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA fosters the integration of Moldova’s green, digital, and creative innovations across the entire economy, while also focusing on the development of five target sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
Finance and investment initiatives will promote an improved investment ecosystem for SMEs and facilitate access to finance and investment for SMEs, allowing them to invest further in their productivity, market access, workforce skills, and ultimately, their growth. The Finance and Investment Activity Lead will identify opportunities to support innovative financial institutions, private equity funds, and other national, regional, or international investment opportunities.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify opportunities to support innovative financial institutions, such as digital banking, to expand and refine product offerings for SMEs;
- Identify national, regional, and international private equity funds that could create new financing opportunities for SMEs and develop methods of engagement and support for these funds utilizing USAID grants and subcontracts mechanisms;
- Work with counterparts to provide technical assistance, partnership, and investor outreach support for growing national or regional private equity funds that support FTA program objectives;
- Conduct due diligence and financial analysis to understand best finance and investment opportunities for USAID funds and Moldovan SMEs;
- Work with relevant technical teams and sector stakeholders to co-design, implement, and manage interventions;
- Collaborate with sector stakeholders and other partners to scale successful initiatives;
- Promote cross-sectoral collaboration and integration of cross-cutting themes into interventions such as gender and social inclusion, digitalization, sustainability, etc.
- Conduct regular quality control checks of implemented interventions;
- Represent the activity with key stakeholders as required, including donors, host government counterparts, project vendors, and the international private sector as needed or requested;
- Facilitate data collection, monitoring, and adaptation and learning with partners; and
- Participate in intervention and activity level collaboration, learning, and adaptation and contribute to activity reporting and annual planning.
- Relevant work experience related to finance and investment required, such as fund management, investment banking, corporate financial or commercial lending environments. International experience highly preferred;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Knowledge or experience of equity financing for early-stage/high-growth companies;
- Experience providing due diligence for new investment opportunities;
- Understanding of financial reporting and accounts;
- Numerate and analytical skills highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others;
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed, to deliver on the assignment;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear reports and present them verbally; and
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Finance and Investment Activity Lead” in the subject line to email@example.com by September 23, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- Școala de Jurnalism din Moldova angajează expert/expertă pentru elaborarea strategiei financiare și de fundraising
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Social Protection Officer
- Compania Date Inteligente SRL angajează cercetător junior
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal politici macroprudențiale
- Termen extins - pentru selectarea unui expert/ unei experte sau a unei agenții pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA-8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- Termeni de referință pentru selectarea specialiștilor media în vederea implementării unui program de formare în domeniul combaterii dezinformării și a știrilor false
- USAID Moldova Job Vacancy: Supervisory Administrative Management Specialist
- USAID MISRA is looking for an Economic (Business Reporting) Expert - Reducing the reporting burden on the business community activity