Position Title: Partnerships/Grants Officer
Location: Kishinev, Moldova
Salary grade: 8B
Type of Employment: Full- Time, 12 months, with possibility of extension
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading humanitarian aid organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict, and disaster, helping them to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC seeks to be an operational and inspiring leader in matters of resettlement, asylum, and integration, demonstrating its credibility and expertise as a leading service provider, partner and advocate across the arc of the global displacement crisis. IRC currently operates in the U.S., Africa, Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. For a complete listing of countries in which IRC operates and supports refugee programs, please visit http://www.rescue.org/where
Across Europe, the IRC delivers programs that address acute humanitarian needs of asylum-seekers and other vulnerable migrants who are newly arrived, stranded or in transit, and programs that address their longer-term integration needs.
Since the conflict in Ukraine started in February 24, 2022, which brought the consequent displacement into neighboring countries, the IRC new programs on protection and Refugee Info East Europe programs are being established to address the most pressing needs of people on the move across South-East Europe. IRC continues to use its voice and expertise to increase safe and legal pathways, ensure protection and improve the quality of resettlement, asylum and integration services. The programs are implemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Partnerships/Grants Officer is a full-time position, based in IRC Moldova Office. Partnerships/Grants Officer provides general support to ensure the timely and effective implementation of grants and partnerships for IRC in Moldova and Southeast Europe, working closely primarily with the Grants Manager and other program staff as needed.
- Work closely with the Grants staff to support and ensure the efficient implementation of IRC grants and partnerships.
- Support the preparation of necessary Grants and Partnership Agreement documentation and compliance with IRC due-diligence procedures, and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance to the Grant manager.
- Keep grants and partner files updated with all necessary documents, and ensure OTIS and internal grants trackers are regularly updated.
- Stay up to date with all institutional donor guidelines. Acquire and disseminate updated information regarding donor formats (proposal and reports) and other donor related information to program, finance, supply chain and partner staff to enable them to abide by donor rules and regulations.
- Support donor reporting processes, to ensure timely submission of high quality reports and proposal development as needed.
- Develop and maintain effective and productive working relationships with key stakeholders, explore and build partnerships with local and international organizations.
- Coordinate with IRC departments to schedule and help organize Grant-Program-Partner
Opening/Review/Closing Meetings as well as Partnership Meetings, and draft minutes.
- Lead on Communications and Visibility to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Prepare Country and Partnership updates, internal and external reports and documents, as needed, with input from program staff, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the daily implementation of activities as in work plans (production and distribution of documents, translations, practical organization of meetings, invoice control).
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are met and to support IRC program implementation.
- Attend coordination working group meetings as needed, ensuring that information and minutes from interagency meetings are shared with colleagues.
- In collaboration with the Program team and partners, identify opportunities to promote and amplify the work of the IRC and partners through advocacy, networking, coordination, etc. with local, national, and international stakeholders.
- Provide occasional support to country program wide business development efforts by carrying out assessments, performing reviews / providing inputs on proposals in a pipeline, gathering and compiling inputs from program and partners to support fundraising.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Position Reports to: Grants Manager (based in Belgrade, Serbia)
- Internal collaborations within IRC: All program teams; Finance; Supply Chain; M&E; HR; Program; Awards Management Unit; and Europe Communications team.
- External collaborations to IRC: IRC implementing partners
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct1
- University Degree in management, social sciences, economy or relevant field
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in program/grants support
- Strong motivation and interest in supporting refugees and vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for the beneficiaries and partners
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team and in a remote setting
- Strong ability to maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, and work in a difficult environment
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Strong knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Experience working in NGOs and/INGOs and familiarity with I/NGOs and IOs working in field of refugee protection would be considered as an advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written Romanian and English; strong writing skills – fluency in Ukrainian and/or Russian will be considered as an asset.
This position will be based out in Kishinev, Moldova.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Due to the urgency of the recruitment, candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis and IRC reserves the right to conclude the recruitment with a qualified candidate prior to the deadline.
All interested applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter following the link below: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/26761?c=rescue
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Specialist/specialistă în activitatea de lobby (advocacy, parteneriate și rețele) în cadrul A.O. „CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”
- HelpAge International angajează Expert(ă) în domeniul violenței în bază de gen
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/EU Confidence Building Measures Programme (EU CBM V)
- National Consultant on Judicial Statistics and Development of Judicial Information System
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Enumerator - Chișinău
- America House Chișinău angajează asistent/ă de proiect
- The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Project Officer in the Cooperation section (job n° 48965)
- Extended Deadline: Finance Officer, DRL-funded Program
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy to support the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and Ministry of Education and Research in carrying out social policy reforms