REACH is a leading humanitarian initiative providing granular data, timely information and in-depth analysis from contexts of crisis, disaster and displacement. The work of REACH directly feeds into aid response and decision-making by providing accessible and precise information on the humanitarian situation of crisis-affected populations.
Created in 2010, REACH is a joint initiative of IMPACT Initiatives, ACTED and the United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH activities are conducted in support and within the framework of inter-agency coordination mechanisms at field and global levels to enabling more efficient aid planning and response.
Humanitarian actors effectively respond to the needs of crisis-affected communities.
To strengthen evidence based decision-making by humanitarian actors through efficient data collection, management and analysis in contexts of crisis.
We are looking for qualified national staff for the following vacant position: Field MANAGER
Position: Field MANAGER
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Starting date: as soon as possible
1. Manage all field Operations
- provide overall coordination for the implementation of data collection activities in the targeted areas, including movement planning
- liaise with Finance, Logistics, HR for implementation of data collection in the targeted areas
- engage with local authorities, and other stakeholders on communication of all related activities
- manage data collection teams during data collection activities
- facilitate training/workshops for team as requested
- conduct appraisals of team
- initiate and facilitate capacity building events for team.
2. Support to the Assessment and Data Team
- support design of questionnaires in Russian and Ukrainian language and testing in the field
- provide feedback on questionnaire and adequacy in local language
- monitoring of all field related activities including reporting
- follow up on feedback from the data team on questionnaire during data cleaning
- documents translation to/ from English/Ukrainian/Russian
3. External relation and coordination
- engage with local administrations, activist, and other stakeholders in the targeted areas
- follow up with data and GIS team on requests local authorities, and NGOs
- facilitate events to analyze assessment findings as requested
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, political sciences, law, research, data analysis or other relevant field.
• At least 3 years of previous experience in the humanitarian or development field with managerial, research, data collection and/or data processing and analysis functions
• Previous experience with international or local aid organizations desirable
• Experience in working with local government authorities desirable
• Previous experience in humanitarian sphere is desirable.
• Professional fluency in Romanian and English (both oral and written); Ukrainian or Russian an advantage
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
• Flexibility and desire to learn new tools.
• Attention to details.
• Strong team player.
• Ability to work under pressure and competing deadlines.
• Readiness to business trips.
In order to apply for this position please follow the below sample suggestions:
- CV with no more than 1-4 pages in ENGLISH language;
- Named as First_Last_Name_ desired position_CV;
- If you consider to send Letter of intention name as - First_LastName_desired position_Letter of Intention.
Please apply only if you are able to work full time.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
ACTED - reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.