Job Title: Driver
Department: Supply chain
Location: Kishinev, Moldova
Salary grade: 10B
Type of Employment: Full - Time, 12 months
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading humanitarian aid organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict, and disaster, helping them to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC seeks to be an operational and inspiring leader in matters of resettlement, asylum, and integration, demonstrating its credibility and expertise as a leading service provider, partner and advocate across the arc of the global displacement crisis. IRC currently operates in the U.S., Africa, Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. For a complete listing of countries in which IRC operates and supports refugee programs, please visit http://www.rescue.org/where
Across Europe, the IRC delivers programs that address acute humanitarian needs of asylum-seekers and other vulnerable migrants who are newly arrived, stranded or in transit, and programs that address their longer-term integration needs.
Since the conflict in Ukraine started in February 24, 2022, which brought the consequent displacement into neighboring countries, the IRC new programs on protection and Refugee Info East Europe programs are being established to address the most pressing needs of people on the move across South-East Europe. IRC continues to use its voice and expertise to increase safe and legal pathways, ensure protection and improve the quality of resettlement, asylum and integration services. The programs are implemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions.
Job Overview/Summary: The Driver will provide safe transport services for the IRC program and support staff in the described Area of Responsibility. The Driver will adhere to all traffic and the IRC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the IRC transport department. In addition to these duties the Driver manages the safety of assigned car and keeps proper records of car related documentation.
- Transport authorized passengers on their official duties, as well transport cargo safely and as instructed. This includes collecting materials from project sites and suppliers.
- Adhere to IRC policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Understand and obey all traffic laws and regulations.
- Oversee and ensure proper use of the car.
- Accurately keep the car log sheets.
- Performance of daily cars and weekly inspections according to IRC standards.
- Organize regular service schedules for the car. Maintain service schedule files.
- Applying the standard regulations and procedures in case of accident.
- Ensure that a car is safe and road-worthy.
- Organize cleaning of a car.
- Collect and submit car related receipts to the Senior Supply Chain Officer.
- Ensure security measures for a car such as parking, storage of keys, fueling, etc.
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed (if related to a car).
- Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
- Assist the Supply Chain and Administration departments in procurement, inventory & asset management and maintenance of IRC premises as and when needed and in adherence to the relevant policies.
- Ability and willingness to undertake frequent trips to and from IRC offices.
- Commitment to working to serve humanitarian needs in line the values of integrity, service and accountability.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the IRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Works directly with:
- Senior Supply Chain Officer.
- Co-ordinates with the IRC Balkans program and operations staff in the office and accommodation locations.
Knowledge and experience:
- Valid drivers’ license and extensive driving experience.
- Clean record.
- Good spoken English.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Mini bus driving experience essential.
- Monday to Friday 9 am to 17 pm.
- Occasional evening and weekends on request.
- All Drivers are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct every day – in the site and in the community.
- Maintain confidentiality
- While in transit sites, all IRC staff must wear appropriate IRC visibility.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
Due to the expected high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
All interested applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter following the link below: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/26761?c=rescue