The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist within its project „Modernization of Local Public Services in the Republic of Moldova“.
This position is expected to start on the 15th of September 2022 for two months period, with potential extension up to 10 months.
The overall responsibilities related to this position are as follows:
- supporting the project manager in effective internal results-based monitoring (RBM) and evaluation of the project Modernisation of Local Public Services according to GIZ rules and practice;
- ensuring collection and provision of data for reporting on project results according to GIZ and EU requirements and writing progress reports in English and Romanian;
- developing and implementing concepts and suitable communication tools for communicating results;
- planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops and other project activities (e.g. Steering Committee and Monitoring Committee meetings, progress meetings);
- providing assistance to the team in planning and applying the results-based monitoring system in relation to EU funded public service projects;
- supporting project’s partners, such as Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development, Regional Development Agencies and local project managers, in establishing and applying a results-based monitoring system and in reporting according to results;
- coordinating satisfaction/ end-line surveys for the EU funded infrastructure measures;
- systematic planning and management of communication activities;
- contributing to Communication & Visibility (project’s webpage) and ensuring internal document management system coverage with relevant project products/information.
- Bachelor and master’s degree in Economics, Public Administration, Social Policies, Management and Organizational Development or other relevant fields;
- at least 3 years of professional working experience in areas of monitoring and evaluation of investments/technical assistance projects in environment, regional planning and programming or local governance;
- proven excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian and English and exceptional writing skills both for traditional and electronic media are mandatory. German and/or Russian would be an asset;
- fluency in the use of software applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of image processing and layout software would be an asset
- confidential handling of data and information;
- willingness to further develop the knowledge basis and upskill as required by the tasks to be performed;
- strong communication skills;
- desire to work in an efficient, independent and innovative manner in a multi-disciplinary and inter-cultural team;
- ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 18 August 2022, time 15:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labor legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.