The Alliance of NGO’s active in the field of Child and Family Social Protection (APSCF) is hiring a Capacity Building Project Officer
Project: “Refugee Support under APSCF Umbrella”, funded by Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH).
Position: Capacity Building Project Officer
Salary range: 19,000 – 22,000 MDL NET / month, depending on experience, education, etc.
Working hours: full-time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
Reports to: Project Director and Project Manager and works in close cooperation with DKH country representative and team
Employment period: 11 months, with a trial period
Location: Chisinau, with possible site visits within the country
APSCF is a network of 62 non-governmental organizations from all over the Republic of Moldova, including the Transnistrian region. APSCF is working to create a coherent and functional development framework of the decision makers and of the implementation mechanisms and practices, while ensuring the respect and real protection of children and families. More information about the APSCF activity you can find by accessing this link: http://aliantacf.md/.
APSCF is starting a one-year long project entitled “Refugee Support under APSCF Umbrella”, funded by Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH).
The purpose of the project is to contribute to the provision of quality emergency response services for Ukrainian refugees, affected TCNs and vulnerable local population in Moldova through CSO empowerment. In accordance with the pledges of the localization agenda, local CSOs play a very important role in the mitigation of the refugee crisis. Yet, they often lack the capacity and access financial resources needed to scale their interventions. APSCF, with the support of Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe, will provide funding opportunities and capacity building for member and partner local NGOs in Moldova.
Duties and responsibilities:
Coordination and monitoring of the Capacity Building Program, including among others:
- Conduct the organizational assessment of CSOs working with refugees, TCNs and affected local population;
- Plan, facilitate and manage the process for designing the Capacity Building Program for CSOs, including management of contracts with external experts;
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of the capacity building activities for beneficieries;
- Provide on-going technical assistance and coaching to CSOs receiving sub-grants to increase their ability in effectively transfering the knowledge and skills acquired during the capacity building activities into their organizations;
- Engage in the on-going monitoring of the sub-grants as part of the Project Management staff;
- Actively participate in relevant events and meetings and represent the organization, as needed;
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the program implementation;
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of service providers;
- Provide quality inputs for the reporting process;
- Work in close collaboration with DKH country representative and capacity building team;
- Contribute to the project communication and visibility activities;
- Manage and review quality of implemented activities;
- In cooperation with the Project Manager ensure efficient and effective management of the allocated budget;
- Ensure all project assigned activities are implemented on a timely and quality manner in accordance with donor and APSCF requirements;
- Contribute to identification and management of risks;
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Project Director and Project Manager that are consistent with the general requirements of the project.
Training, skills and personal qualities of the candidate:
- Relevant university degree;
- At least 2 years of experience in developing and managing capacity building programs, preferably in the social field;
- Experience in development of institutional capacities, strategic planning methodologies, provision of technical assistance is an asset;
- Experience working with donors and CSOs is an advantage;
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively;
- Experience of working in rural communities and with grass-roots organizations is an asset;
- Experience in supervision of consultants is an asset
- Sensitivity to the refugees, TCNs and local vulnerable people, especially children and families’ problems;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluent in Romanian, English and Russian are an asset;
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills;
- Manifest quick reaction in case of difficulties in implementation;
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in team and autonomously, with a pleasant and respectful behavior;
- Dynamism, spirit of cooperation, and initiative;
- Responsibility, discipline and fairness;
- Full respect for beneficiary’s/organization confidentiality.
Relationships according to the organizational chart:
The Capacity Building Project Officer reports to the APSCF Secretary General/Project Director and Project Manager and works in collaboration with the Programme Officer and other members of the implementation team. During the project execution period, APSCF’s team will work in close collaboration with DKH capacity building team who will offer support including though consultations, mentoring, trainings, program and grant design, documentation templates, procurement procedures, and other assistance that will ensure the smooth and successful implementation of the project.
Interested applicants must submit their updated CV, motivation letter (in English), and contacts of three relevant references, to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Project Manager_Refugee project”, by 07.08.EOD. Applications will be reviewed on a first come - first serve basis, and applicants can be invited to interviews before the application deadline.
Only pre-selected candidates will be invited to the interview.
APSCF promotes the values of diversity, inclusion, and gender equality in the workforce. All candidates, irrespective of gender, age, and ethno-cultural background are encouraged to apply and be part of our team. APSCF does not tolerate sexual exploitation, any form of violence and abuse, harassment of any kind, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. The selected candidate will be required to sign a policy on Child protection prior to their employment.