The incumbent provides security for Embassy Chisinau personnel and facilities by conducting access control and visitor screening duties as a member of a local guard program. Detects, deters, responds, and reports potential criminal and terrorists' acts directed against U.S. Government personnel and facilities. Mobile Patrol Senior Guard provides limited work guidance on access control and security equipment operation for up to 35 rotating residential guards ensuring that U.S. government property and personnel are safeguarded. Responds to emergencies upon RSO direction and has responsibilities of First Responder duties. g
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2-year experience in the military or as a police officer, or security guard required.
- Knowledge of the emergency response procedures and notification process, familiarity with state-of-the-art security equipment and processes, awareness of cultural norms and customs required.
- Knowledge of traffic law and be familiar with local traffic accident resolution procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of post organizations, offices, buildings, and residences location.
- Completion of secondary education, high school diploma or the local equivalent.
LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand the security control panel and to operate emergency alarms and the public address
- Ability to use state-of-the-art security and radio communication equipment.
- Ability to use Automated External Defibrillator.
- Ability to use fire extinguisher.
- Ability to use personal protective equipment (i.e. batons, pepper spray, handcuffs, and flexi cuffs, etc.).
- Daily duties may involve extended periods of walking and/or standing in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work flexible shift schedules, to include nights, days, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle.
- Must have type "B" local driver's license. Must have had driver’s license for a minimum of five years. Incumbent must demonstrate safe and competent driving skills. (This may be tested)
- Must effectively react to various incidents.
- Must be able to independently take action as necessary depending on the nature of incidents outlined in guard orders.
- Must be able to communicate with persons from all socioeconomic classes. Must be familiar with dispute mediation tactics to ease potentially dangerous security situations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Closing date for receipt of applications is August 11, 2022 at 23:59 Chisinau time. Please note that the only way to apply for this position is to use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.