Are you motivated, organised and with an eye for details? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you to work in the criminal justice sector, in particular in the areas of combatting ill-treatment and establishing a basis for a more humane approach towards sentencing in criminal cases.
As a Project Assistant you will:
- assist in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the project’s activities, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- ensure the administrative and financial assistance and the organisational support for the project’s implementation;
- carry out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events;
- follow up on all administrative files and financial arrangements related to these events;
- organise travel, visa and accommodation in accordance with the project’s needs; deal with the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses;
- process purchase orders for a variety of contractual and administrative arrangements;
- process and draft correspondence, documents, presentations and assist in preparing reports;
- proofread and correct linguistic and grammatical errors within texts and documents; assist with the translation of documents and texts related to project activities from/to English; check translations; organise the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online;
- receive, review and dispatch incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.;
- ensure the circulation of pertinent information and documents within the Office;
- record, maintain and update a variety of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- work in close contact with other internal and/or external counterparts to ensure the co-ordination of project activities;
- report to the supervisor on activities in progress and inform of any problems encountered;
- contribute to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and project management;
- carry out other tasks as may be required connected to the project implementation;
- promote Council of Europe values internally and externally.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years’ studies;
- have a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience relating to administrative or project implementation support duties or similar duties implemented in private/public companies;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of one of the two Council of Europe’s official languages (English or French);
- be a citizen of the host country or one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe;
- be under 65 years of age at the closing date of this vacancy notice.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
Professional and technical expertise:
- proven practical knowledge and experience of administrative duties;
- general knowledge and understanding of the activities of the Council of Europe;
- general knowledge and understanding of international co-operation activities;
- sound computer skills and experience using standard tools in office applications (word processing, presentations, outlook, spreadsheet, databases, internet publications);
Deadline for applications is 29 July 2022 (midnight Paris time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.