Vacancy Notice 2022-06
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : National Human Resources Officer
Duty Station : Chisinau, Moldova
Classification : National Officer, Category Grade, NO-A, UN Salary Scale
Type of Appointment : Fixed-Term one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : August 2022
Closing Date : July 29, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Chisinau, Moldova and direct supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO); and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the human resources management function in Chisinau, Moldova.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and monitor the Human Resources Management in the office in accordance with the organization’s regulations, instructions, policies, procedures and practices and in light of operational activities in the office.
2. Verify all Human Resources processes and actions for conformity with relevant IOM policies and procedures. Ensure that Human Resources processes and procedures remain consistent with relevant IOM policies and procedures.
3. Assist in setting-up and implementing effective administrative procedures and internal controls; review audit recommendations on Human Resources matters and coordinate and implement them.
4. Participate in evaluation and planning of staffing needs; coordinate national and international recruitment processes in an effective, efficient and transparent manner.
5. Monitor effective administration of PRISM Human Resources modules; oversee and validate data recorded in PRISM and carry-out assigned roles with accuracy and timeliness.
6. Monitor and facilitate timely implementation of the Staff Evaluation System (SES); encourage and guide staff and managers for completion of the process within the deadlines.
7. Participate in analysis of staff training and development needs and suggest areas for improvement in collaboration with management and Staff Development and Learning (SDL) Unit.
8. Provide verbal and written explanations to all staff on staffing, recruitment, entitlements, leave administration and other Human Resources issues.
9. Work with supervisors on interpretation and application of Human Resources policies and instructions.
10. Coordinate the preparation of reports pertaining to personnel administration; draft sections of special reports and participate in Human Resources projects as requested.
11. Reinforce standard of conduct and respectful working environment. Promote commitment to maintaining mutual respect, safety and tolerance in the workplace.
12. Coordinate extensively with the Regional Office, Administrative Centers in Manila and Panama and Human Resources Management in Geneva on a range of different Human Resources issues.
13. Attend external meetings when required and brief management accordingly.
14. Guide, train and supervise the work of the Human Resources Unit staff.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
- Master’s degree in above or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Demonstrated writing skills; Good knowledge of IOM/ UN Human Resources and financial policies and staff rules and regulations.
- Excellent organization skills; analytical and creative thinking; and,
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 2)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 2)
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking & vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, security clearances, and a valid COVID certification.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 29 July 2022, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 15.07.2022 to 29.07.2022
Alte anunturi de angajare
- The U.S. Embassy in Chisinau is hiring a Media Grants Coordinator
- Институт Обучения в Развитии "MilleniuM" ищет молодежного работника
- Environmental Specialist (full-time position) under Education Quality Improvement Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de inspector superior (broșare și expediție)
- CRS Moldova is hiring Project Officer Education and Psychosocial Support
- Diaconia angajează Educatori
- Concurs de selectare de consultanți-formatori pentru dezvoltarea capacităților profesioniștilor din sectorul educație în susținerea participării copiilor, inclusiv a copiilor refugiați, la procesele decizionale
- Finance Officer DRL-funded Program
- Driver (G2) Roster Call - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Ecological Counseling Center Cahul, Select a company of services for the closing event of the project Consolidation of Climate Change Adaptation Measures in the Biosphere Reserve "Lower Prut".