USAID/OTI EXPLORE EUROPE ENGAGEMENT
Moldova Resilience Initiative (MRI)
Grants Coordination Consultant
About this Position
Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is seeking a short-term Grants Coordination Consultant to support the Moldova Resilience Initiative (MRI), a program funded by the USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) and implemented by Dexis.
The Grants Coordination Consultant will support the Grants Team in processing the program’s grants from the pre-award stage through to grant closeout, supporting the program’s grants programming adherence to donor compliance and Dexis regulations for in-kind, cash, and hybrid grants. The Consultant will support the Grants Team in performing pre- and post-award grants management duties to ensure continued and efficient grants programming, including close communications with grantees/partners and the program and operations teams.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the MRI Grants Manager, conduct pre-award tasks, inclusive of:
- Communicating with grantees/partners on compiling pre-award documentation, such as registration information, conflict of interest documentation, references, etc.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in conducting pre-award risk assessment
- Supporting grant activity budget negotiations and finalization, including communicating with grantees/partners to receive all necessary backup documentation and ensuring cost reasonableness
- Supporting the Grants and Programs Teams during environmental compliance documentation and planning
- Supporting the Grants Team in drafting Negotiation Memorandums in close coordination with the Programs Team
- Supporting the Grants Team in drafting in-kind, cash, and hybrid grant agreements, drafting of grant agreement modifications, and supporting the activity kick-off process
- Supporting the Grants Team in monitoring grant milestones (deliverables) and processing milestone payments according to agreed upon milestone schedules
- Coordinate closely with the Grants Team and Home Office Program Management Unit (HO PMU) to process grant closeouts for in-kind, cash, and hybrid grants, inclusive of:
- Supporting financial reconciliation of milestone payments
- Conducting file check on grant activities ready for closeout
- Coordinating with grantees/partners to secure completion certifications
- Coordinate closely with the MRI Grants Manager and MRI Grants Officer to track Grants Team tasks across program portfolios
- Other tasks as assigned by the MRI Grants Manager and MRI Senior Management Team
The Grants Coordination Consultant will report to the MRI Grants Manager.
Expected LOE days: 60 days, for a period of 15 August – 31 December 2022, with possibility of extension
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant grants management experience, preferably for USAID or other donor-funded programs
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Displays creative problem solving in addressing and resolving emerging project needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required
- Experience with USAID programming or an understanding of USAID is preferred
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV and Cover Letter in English with email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “MRI Grant Coordination Consultant” by 05 August 2022, COB.