MEAL Officer- Moldova
World Vision Moldova
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
This position is based in Moldova
- Manage the implementation of project specific M&E plans in alignment with donor and World Vision requirements++
- Support the development, amendment and implementation of the needed tools for M&E (distro observations, post distribution monitoring surveys, onsite monitoring, baseline/endline studies, etc.). Ensure alignment with key guidance from relevant coordination clusters (e.g. working groups)
- Review incoming data for completeness and consistency and advise the data collection team on the tools for improving data logging and data entry.
- Work with the wider Response MEAL unit to implement digital data systems that can capture data electronically as close to the source as possible.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Ensure project specific M&E details on the proper information management software are uploaded in a timely manner
- Ensure all MEAL related data, reports, and records are clearly organized archived in a central location for future reference.
Humanitarian Accountability (HA)
- In coordination with the HA officer, ensure the humanitarian accountability system in Moldova upholds and mainstreams the four pillars of PAF: i. information sharing, ii. Consultation, iii. Participation & iv. Complaints and response of affected people.
- Always ensure World Vision and Core Humanitarian principles are upheld in all aspects of the MEAL functions and general project management.
- Ensure beneficiaries and partners have constant access to information about WV’s programs and to channels that can process complaints & feedback with confidentiality & respond appropriately within predefined standards.
- Ensure a learning culture is established within the office/team and among implementing partners in order to document learnings and best practice for ongoing and future programing.
- Ensure all project and programme level & thematic researches are reviewed for the methodological thoroughness, and output quality.
- Assist with program level evaluations on a periodic basis, as needed.
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of project and program level evaluation findings as relevant.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum of 1-2 years in Monitoring and Evaluation especially in emergency context and grant funded projects is critical. Proven experience in leading large-scale data collection activities (mix methodologies) from designing to report writing. Thorough knowledge in writing technical MEAL reports is very important. Communicates with integrity and professionalism to different stakeholders (strong interpersonal skills) Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships Experience in data processing or analysis (Excel, etc.) is required Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences/Development Management/International Development/Statistics or relevant field.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field. (Preferred)
TRAVEL AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically with potential international travel as work requires.
- Ability to work long hours in off-site locations
- Requirements :English (required), Romanian (required), Russian or Ukrainian (advantageous)
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Please, if you think you’re suitable for this position, please follow the link to our website and click on APPLY (candidates will be selected from the registrations on the World Vision website) - https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/MEAL-Officer--Moldova_R7696?q=meal%20officer%20Moldova&C=
Also please open this from your computer.
Contact us, in case you have additional questions: 069682312 - Ina
The end date of application is: 17th July