GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Economic Policy for its project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”, which is financed by both the European Union as well as the German Government.
This position is expected to start on 15th of August 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension. The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau.
The primary role of the Advisor is to coordinate economic policy topics within the project component on Strengthening the capacities of the Moldovan economic development institutions to provide access to international markets for companies from Moldovan communities.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- coordinating policy advice for project partners (Ministries, ODIMM / ODA, Moldovan Investment Agency (MIA), Gagauzian Investment Agency (GIA)), especially in the field of sustainable economic development with focus on access on international markets, industry development and investment promotion;
- coordinating project activities and capacity development measures for partner organisations, especially in the field of sustainable economic development and access to international markets;
- coordinate communication of the component in policy advice to the Ministry of Economy, the Prime Minister´s Office, the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, ODIMM / ODA, MIA, GIA as well as other relevant stakeholders;
- supporting results-based monitoring as well as ensuring timely data collection and aggregation from partner organisations for analysis and reporting in compliance with GIZ standards and requirements;
- ensuring visibility of GIZ actions and contributions in compliance with set standards and requirements;
- representing GIZ in events / activities, to which he/she was delegated by the head of component and/or project manager;
- ensuring coordination and cooperation with other project components, other GIZ projects, etc.;
- supporting planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops and other project activities (e.g. Steering Committee meetings, progress meetings etc.);
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of the head of component and/or project manager.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Organisational Development, Law or other relevant fields;
- at least 7 years of professional experience in economics, law or other relevant fields;
- at least 5 years professional experience in policy advise, consulting or capacity development with a focus on public authorities and sustainable economic development;
- strong knowledge and understanding of the policy processes in the Republic of Moldova;
- strong understanding in capacity development approaches;
- previous experience in working with ODIMM, MIA and / or GIA represent a significant advantage;
- proven ability to identify, assess and develop opportunities and to effectively manage relationships with national partners and other GIZ partners;
- coordination, networking and relationship building skills with key partners including government, the business community, CSOs, national and local organisations;
- willingness and ability to learn;
- ability to work in a team;
- good skills in project and programme management;
- strong communication skills;
- very good knowledge of Romanian and English; German and/or other languages spoken at territory of Moldova would be an asset;
- good working knowledge of IT technologies and computer applications (MS Office package);
- confidential handling of data and information;
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- desire to work in an efficient, independent and innovative manner in a multi-disciplinary and inter-cultural team is expected;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 19th of July 2022, time 15:00 to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.