HR-Consulting Srl on behalf of its client - The Dutch Embassy Office in Chisinau is looking for a highly professional candidate to fulfill the position of Senior economic affairs officer.
Senior economic affairs officer - Temporary
The senior officer of economic affairs is primarily responsible for providing support to the development and content of the economic component in the bilateral policies of the mission. The senior officer contributes to policy development and proposes and adjusts project plans. The senior officer is accountable to the Head of Mission, working with a high degree of independence, collecting information and translating general policy guidelines of the ministry and the mission into opportunities for concrete action;
Description of duties:
- Monitoring and analyzing developments in the field of the economy, with a special focus on energy and cyber security;
- Drawing up policy briefs for The Hague, in coordination with the Head of Mission;
- Contributing to Dutch support in the field of cyber resilience. This includes advising on the selection of activities, monitoring the execution, and participating in policy dialogue with all relevant stakeholders.
- Contributing to the Dutch support in the field of energy security. This includes advising on the selection of activities, monitoring the execution, and participating in policy dialogue with all relevant stakeholders.
- Expanding the network of the Embassy Office, with a special focus on energy security and cyber resilience;
- (Co-) organization of public diplomacy activities in the mentioned fields and on culture;
- Contributing to trade promotion and answering questions of Dutch and Moldovan companies;
- Contributing to the organization of a trade mission of Dutch companies to Moldova;
- Keeping in touch with (and sometimes participating in meetings with) multilateral donors, including UN agencies, EU delegation, World bank/IMF;
- Supporting incoming missions, including the preparation of the program and preparing files and speaking notes;
- Managing the social media of the Embassy Office (website, Facebook, Twitter);
Description of result areas:
- Good and timely selection (and translation) of economic news that is relevant for the work of the Embassy Office;
- Good quality policy advice to the Embassy Office in the field of economy, with a focus on energy and cyber security;
- High-quality contribution to the project portfolio of the Embassy Office, particularly to the projects on energy security and cyber resilience, in line with the priorities that were set in the Multi-Annual Country Strategy, Annual Plans, and the general policy priorities of the Netherlands;
- A relevant network among Moldovan NGOs and (governmental) institutions;
- A relevant network among multilateral donors, including UN agencies, EU delegation, World bank/IMF;
- High-quality support to incoming missions.
- High-quality communication products.
- Relevant university degree;
- At least three years of relevant working experience, preferably in an intercultural context;
- Ample knowledge of economic affairs, particularly of energy and cyber security; ample knowledge of the Eastern-European region; and the functioning of the European Union;
- Experience with trade promotion, preferably including experience with the organization of a trade mission;
- Excellent command of Russian, Romanian, and English language (in word and writing); command of the Dutch language is an asset;
- Strong analytical skills.
Interested candidates may send a detailed CV and motivation letter to HR-Consulting (www.search4staff.com) email address: email@example.com and CHS-AZ@minbuza.nl
Please, indicate the relevant vacancy code SEA in the subject line or resume.
For more information, please call: +373 22 20 29 86; +373 60 102 909
Applications for this position must be received no later than 17 July 2022.