The Public Association Representation from the Republic of Moldova of the Association Swiss Red Cross is hiring a Project Assistant
Position: Project assistant
Program: Swiss Red Cross in Moldova
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: 12 months (with possible extension)
Application deadline: July 23rd, 2022
1) Support the field coordinators in the management of response and recovery operations in regard to the influx of refugees from Ukraine
2) Support the financial and logistic and administration of the projects
3) Under the direction of Field Coordinator to undertake tasks and responsibilities related to the SRC Projects’ implementation.
4) Under the direction of the Financial-administrative Officer, management and financial administration of the operations
1.0 logistic and administration tasks:
a) To assist in procurement, asset management etc.
b) To provide support in organizing and maintaining an asset inventory, orderly filing systems for the electronic and paper-based project, administrative and financial documents.
c) To ensure IT maintenance of the office equipment (printers, faxes, etc. and regular back up of computers)
d) To translate specific documents from/to Romanian/Russian/English.
e) To prepare field visits, hotel reservations for local and international travel arrangements and other meetings.
f) Other functional task
2.0 Financial administration tasks:
a) To contribute to accurate and timely monthly financial reports submitted to SRC HQ in Bern according to updated instructions and requests of the country financial supervisor in Bern.
b) To create, apply, communicate, and control accounting and financial procedures management, ensuring that each transaction and payment has the necessary approval and justification.
c) To contribute to accurate bookkeeping of financial records, ensuring that all transactions are duly coded, documented, approved, recorded and entered into the accounting system.
d) To check payment requests for necessary information and signatures for approval by the SRC Country Coordinator and SRC Financial-administrative Officer.
e) To provide assistance to the Field Coordinator in implementation of the project activities in the country, including field missions in the project area.
3.0. General responsibilities and competence:
a) The Assistant bears the responsibility for the professional and timely execution of tasks according to these instructions and other assignments given.
b) The Assistant will at any time comply with the rules and regulations of the SRC and be subject to professional discretion concerning all information relating to this mandate.
c) The Assistant is responsible to regularly update his/her professional knowledge and skills.
d) In all professional tasks the Assistant will comply with the condition of employment for local
staff with the signature of the contract.
e) This Job description is an integral part of the employment contract.
Key qualifications and skills
1. University Degree in one of the relevant fields to comply with the responsibilities.
2. At least one year of relevant working experience in project administration, finance, management and/or project implementation.
3. Proficiency in Romanian and English (both oral and written).
4. Computer literacy and working knowledge of spreadsheet applications, and general understanding of data processing and finance management.
5. Strong ability to work as a part of a team.
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Driving license B category is an asset.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements stated above and you would like to apply for this position, send a Motivation letter and a CV to email@example.com with ‘Project Assistant Application’ in the subject line.
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org.