With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The escalation of conflict in Ukraine has forced more than 5 million people - mostly women and children - to flee to neighbouring countries. With the escalating crisis, the needs are growing by the hour. More than half of Ukraine's children have either fled for safety within the country or are living as refugees.
Since the conflict started, our teams have been on the ground assessing and responding to the urgent needs of those searching for safety. We are currently scaling up our multi-country response across three countries (Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine) and are recruiting for many key positions that will make a direct impact on the lives of people who have been caught up in conflict.
Name of the position: Driver
Employee Contract Type:
- Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- This position will be based in Chisinau with 50% travel to World Vision Moldova operational areas in the country.
- I. Driving Services
- Drive the Response Project team and outreach workers to locations required in accordance with the requirements of the programme.
- Drive WV UCR visitors to hotel/airport/meetings or to the implementation sites.
- Work on a clear roadmap for all trips.
- Coordinating with line manager and team about the daily/weekly schedule.
- II. Ensure Vehicle maintenance
- Ensure that World Vision vehicles are mechanically maintained in a manner that will provide reliable transportation and use.
- Report any accidents or mechanical problem of a vehicle to Admin Manager /Security and Operations team leader.
- Check vehicles daily and as required, to make sure any necessary general repairs are carried out as necessary.
- Maintain vehicle Equipment/Inventory (GPRS, fire extinguisher, First Aid Kit...)
- Maintain a daily log sheet /mileage sheet for the WV or rented car.
- Ensure that all assigned driver and vehicles are presentable at all times
- Maintain a Non-Smoking policy in vehicles at all times
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Attend and participate in spiritual nurture events and other organizational events
- Attend and participate in local capacity building events
- Safety and Security responsibilities:
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Valid Driver's license
- PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 3 years driving experience
- Good verbal communication in English and fluent in local language
- Ability to read maps efficiently + GPS
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively with staff and visitors
- Ability to function well as part of a team
- Diligent attention to detail
- Diligent attention to safety
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
- Good command of Oral English
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and humanitarian mandate.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols
TRAVEL AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
- 90% domestic travel required
- 10% office work
- Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours and non- working days when needed.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
How to apply
If you are Moldavianand meet our requirements, please send your resume with a covering letter to: Ilinca Franț email@example.com