Communications and Media Advisor
Pre-Vetting Secretariat – Moldova
Deadline for Applications – June 19, 2022 @ 18:00
USAID has awarded Dexis Consulting Group a task order to provide technical assistance to “Support the Pre-Vetting Secretariat” (SPVS). Assistance in the SPVS program will consist of the establishment and support of a Secretariat responsible for the investigation, analysis, and review of the integrity of candidates to the self-governing bodies of judges and prosecutors – the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) and the Superior Council of Prosecutors (SCP), respectively. Authority for the pre-vetting process is embedded Law 26 pre- vetting decisions are conducted by an independent Evaluation Commission (EC) made up of three (3) national and three (3) international members. The EC will be supported by the Secretariat consisting of twenty-one (21) staff members performing technical and administrative roles who are led by a Head of Secretariat and Senior Coordinator. The overarching goal of USAID’s support and Dexis’s task order is the establishment of the Pre-Vetting Secretariat as fully operational, understanding its role and processes, and with the ability to prepare documents in accordance with the Pre-vetting law and within all established timelines. Selected candidates will be offered contracts in one of three classification categories based on the assessment of the selection panel.
Applicants should be aware of the following:
- All job offers will be contingent upon successfully passing a background check from the National Anti-Corruption Centre (NAC) and three professional references.
- Those offered employment may take a leave of absence and/or suspend their contractual obligations from their current place of work for the duration of this contract but may not be actively engaged with, nor paid by, any other organization during the contract
The Communications and Media Advisor will report to the Head of Secretariat and the Task Order Lead and will be responsible for:
- Drafting a Communication Strategy and Action Plan regarding the work of the Evaluation Committee and Secretariat;
- Creating content for all approved communication platforms (webpage, social media, etc.); and ensuring the timely and continuous posting of approved content;
- Contributing to the development, design, and creation of public awareness materials on the pre-vetting process;
- Draft talking points, speeches, and other materials as required by the Chair of the Commission, Head of Secretariat and/or Task Order Lead;
- Assist in the organization of press conferences, press briefings, and other relevant events.
- At least 3 years of experience in public and media relations, communications, and social media management (Experience promoting and creating content for rule of law initiatives may be considered an advantage);
- Experience with creation, use and management of social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) content in the public sector;
- Knowledge of the use of social media platform analytics to improve audience engagement;
- Experience writing press releases, speeches, announcements etc.;
- Experience working with graphic designers to create messaging easily understood by the public;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in strategic communications, or a related field;
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken Romanian, professional working proficiency in English.
Previous experience with USAID or other donor funded development programs may be considered an advantage.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and a current CV to: email@example.com and should note “Pre-Vetting Communications” in the subject line