Position: Institutional Strengthening Coordinator
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: July 2022 – April 2027
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) seeks to support Moldova’s economic recovery, advance the Government of Moldova’s economic Action Plan, strengthen public economic governance institutions, improve the trade and investment enabling environment, and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness.
MISRA’s Component 1 “Strengthening public economic governance institutions for resilience and accountability” will focus on support modernization and rethinking of business/citizen centered public services by streamlining processes and incorporating digital tools into the public systems, creating a regulatory and operational environment favorable for development and growth of businesses and service delivery in the virtual environments, and stimulating the development of the digital economy.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Institutional Strengthening Coordinator will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Provides inputs to the assessment conducted by MISRA with several public, economic-governance institutions that have a direct impact on businesses with a goal to strengthening their institutional capacities to better serve the businesses and country;
- Prepares road maps with the selected institutions for implementing activities identified during the conducted deep assessment of these institutions;
- Monitors and coordinates activities with institutions that will be supported by MISRA’s Component 1;
- As requested by the Component 1 Lead, oversees technical inputs of subcontractors that are providing technical services to Component 1;
- Assists with coordinating, liaising, and presenting information on Component 1 activities to relevant institutions and governmental bodies;
- Assists in developing statements of work, approval memoranda, and other USAID approval documentation;
- Collaborates with Grants & Procurement Manager to identify grant opportunities that advance Component 1 objective results;
- Contributes to overall Component 1 activity design; provides regular updates to the Component 1 Lead on activity progress and monitoring and evaluation of results as needed;
- Contributes to weekly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements for USAID and to local counterparts as needed;
- Identifies and manages short-term consultants providing assistance to achieve program goals and targets relevant to Component 1; and
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Component 1 Lead to successfully implement program.
The Institutional Strengthening Coordinator will report to the Component 1 Lead – Institutional Reforms.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Public Administration, or a related field as a minimum;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working on implementation of activities related to supporting institutional reforms and technical assistance;
- Strong organizational skills and communication capabilities;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; and
- Fluency in English and Romanian.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (two pages maximum) to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com with “Applying for Institutional Strengthening Coordinator” in the subject line. Please apply by June 26, 2022. If applying to multiple positions, please send a separate email for each position. Only long-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for test/interview.