Hi all! We are looking for a Dispatch Coordinator who will coordinate trucking activities and staff by delivering assignments, instructions, and alerts via the organisation's communications network (chats/mobile/channel). This is an interesting job for someone who likes an active interractions with different type of people: vendors, clients, drivers, team members.
- Answers incoming calls and communications.
- Coordinates response and delivery of received information to field staff.
- Dispatches and deploys staff, vehicles, and/or units based on communications received.
- Adeptly uses multi-line telephone systems, mobile phones, two-way radios, and other communications methods and networks.
- Maintains calm communication with and provides instruction (such as first-aid guidance) to incoming callers.
- Scheduling drivers to make freight deliveries or collect shipments and packages.
- Communicating with customers about freight details, delivery or pickup times, and special handling requests.
- Planning predetermined routes and accommodating route changes as needed.
- Preparing dispatch documents, as well as generating freight bills and invoices.
- Maintaining records of dispatched calls, driver routes, route changes, as well as delivery and pickup times.
- Keeping track of transportation regulations and laws to ensure that truck drivers comply.
- Reviewing drivers’ logs, including dispatched calls and arrival times.
- Monitoring truck repairs and maintenance schedules.
- Logging customer shipping schedules and complaints.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Great ability to schedule drivers, plan routes, and dispatch drivers to customer locations.
- Extensive experience in customer services, as well as generating freight bills and invoices.
- Proficiency in office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Ability to monitor logs, schedules, and other related issues.
- Knowledge of transportation industry.
- Excellent organisational, communication, and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Fluency in english.
- Bachelor's or associate degree in transportation or logistics would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience as a truck dispatcher or a similar industry
If interested, apply using this link: https://bit.ly/3zbnVVC