International Development Group (IDG) LLC is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to create and take advantage of opportunities for sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to achieve a real and measurable impact on their communities and countries. IDG assistance programs aim to build the capacity, skills, and knowledge of local individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.
The Financial Sector Expert will join the USAID Financial Sector Transparency Activity (FSTA) to work with the National Bank of Moldova, National Commission on Financial Markets, the Central Securities Depository of Moldova, and the Ministry of Finance. He/she will specifically be involved in the implementation of a retail platform for government securities and will support the FSTA with assessments and reports in the insurance, microfinance, and banking sectors.
The Financial Sector Expert will work as part of an international team of consultants and experts.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or another related field
- At least 5 years of experience in finance, banking, insurance, or microfinance field
- Good knowledge of Moldova’s capital markets and financial instruments available for trade
- Strong understanding of the government’s securities market, and the role each institution plays (MOF, National Bank of Moldova, Central Securities Depository etc.)
- Experience in implementing IT solutions in a financial institution is considered an advantage
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Strong Romanian and English language skills. Good knowledge of the Russian language is required.
- Ability to work in an all-online environment, participating in virtual meetings, and organizing online roundtables/workshops
- Ability to interact directly and independently with clients, consultants as well as senior government officials
- Work as part of a team of international and local experts to provide support in the implementation of the retail platform and other FSTA implementations.
- Work closely with the IT experts and FSTA on the issues related to the procurement and implementation of the retail platform.
- Assist international and local regulatory team members to develop regulations pertaining to the operations of the retail platform.
- Develop reports and assessments in the banking and non-banking sectors aimed at identifying gaps in the local regulatory environment, and supporting beneficiary institutions to address the gaps via regulatory changes.
- Evaluate business risks on an ongoing basis and provide recommendations to address these in a timely manner.
- Support international and local consultants in setting up discussions with business users and facilitate these discussions.
This position reports to the Program Manager and Country Representative and will cooperate closely with the IT expert and the local regulatory expert.
To apply for the position, please send by June 20, 2022, a cover letter and CV to the email: email@example.com