Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development
National Office for Regional and Local Development
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES – LOCAL INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Implementation of the Moldova Water Security and Sanitation Project
Moldova Water Security and Sanitation Project (MWSSP) is a World Bank-financed Project to be implemented by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development (MIRD). The Project was signed on April 22, 2022, with expected effectiveness 120 days after signature date. The Project itself will have a duration of five years and aims to increase access to improved water supply and sanitation services in selected rural areas and towns, and to strengthen institutional capacities for water supply and sanitation service delivery.
I. OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The National Office for Regional and Local Development (the Project Implementation Unit (PIU)) seeks to engage a Project Manager, hired as a consultant, responsible for management, coordination and implementation of the MWSSP within the framework of the assigned project, in accordance with the agreed project documentation, guidelines and procedures of the World Bank (hereinafter WB) and other donors. The Project Manager will provide leadership and coordination of the PIU team. They will be responsible for managing and coordinating all Project activities being implemented by the PIU for the purposes of the project.
II. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, law, international relations, environmental science or related field.
- At least three years of experience in the design, management and implementation of international projects, preferably related to infrastructure, environment, or water supply and sanitation. Experience working with development organizations and the World Bank an advantage.
- At least three years of experience in working with Government institutions. Experience working with technical assistance projects within Government an advantage.
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams and strong people management skills.
- Experience in coordination between different teams.
- Experience in project budgeting.
- Proficiency in English and Romanian languages.
- Computer skills (MS Office and familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project).
III. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The main workplace of the Project Manager will be in Chisinau, sometimes he/she will have to activate in emergency conditions and carry out his / her activity in other localities of the country.
The Project Manager is hired on a contract basis. After the expiration of the term of employment the contract may be extended based on the evaluation of the employee's activity subject to common agreement.
The selection of the Consultant will be conducted in accordance with the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Project Financing. Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016, and revised in November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their expressions of interest and CVs, with the mark MWSSP PROJECT MANAGER not later than June 16, 2022, local time 17:00 at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details please see TERMS OF REFERENCE