Tetra Tech provides best-in-class energy consulting services for clients worldwide. Our work advances clean energy to achieve climate and decarbonization goals; creates sustainable utilities and modern grids; and promotes gender equality and economic inclusivity at the energy nexus.
Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech is recruiting an Energy Planning Expert to be based in Chişinău, Moldova to support the implementation of the USAID administered Moldova Energy Security Activity (MESA). The objective of MESA is to strengthen Moldova’s energy security by: (1) advancing physical and market integration of the Moldovan energy sector with Europe; (2) increasing renewable energy integration; and (3) increasing investment in energy efficiency and domestic power generation, particularly through increased adoption of renewable energy technologies.
The Energy Planning Expert will work with a team of international and local experts to promote the program activities in relation to electricity infrastructure, market(s) integration and coordinated energy sector planning with the purpose of improving Moldova’s energy security. This position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical assistance to enhance the planning capacity of Moldovan energy sector stakeholders;
- Contribute to the preparation of legal, regulatory and monitoring reports as well as in the preparation of relevant studies and analyses;
- Lead and/or contribute to tasks on energy planning to increase renewable energy penetration including development of non-exhaustive clauses, the National Energy Strategy, streamlining development of energy infrastructure with regional significance, technical appraisal and assessment of alternatives in respect to the development of electricity infrastructure, power system simulation, RES integration, grid connections, etc.;
- Lead the preparation of an economic assessment study supporting the roll-out of smart metering in Moldova;
- Lead the development of the electricity and natural gas sectoral storyline and coordinated scenario reports in accordance with the relevant ENTSO-E & ENTSO-G report;
- Lead the update of the Moldova Security of Supply Statement based on the latest one submitted to the Energy Community Secretariat
- Participate in meetings, workshops and other outreach activities with stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Management.
Essential KSA's required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Advanced degree in energy economics or energy engineering or in a relevant field; a higher qualification will be considered as an advantage.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the energy sector;
- Experience in and knowledge of Moldovan energy and climate sectors;
- Knowledge of EU energy requirements
- Strong communication skills: ability to clearly explain thoughts, legal and technical opinions and prepare memos and presentations.
- Computer literacy: adequate skills on MS Windows, MS Office and internet applications are required.
- Demonstrate flexibility, dedication in the assigned duties and a highly cooperative spirit.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to development of useful, high-quality work products.
- Must demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to lead diverse teams.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English and Romanian (reading, writing, speaking) is required.
Valued but not required KSA's:
- Familiarity with the political and economic dynamics of Moldova.
- Experience working for or collaborating with other international donor funded projects.
Physical demands & work enviornment:
- Office setting, occasional international travel to partner countries.