The U.S. Embassy in Chisinau is hiring a Procurement Agent
Serves as an assistant to the Senior Procurement Agent and the GSO Contracting Officer and is responsible for the Procurement of services and commodities with complex technical characteristics from local and off-shore vendors. Conducts market research using local catalogues and on-line Internet resources, finds sources of supplies and services to meet specific technical requirements, i.e. office and computer equipment, soft- and hardware, office equipment consumables, household appliances, vehicle spare parts and tires, lighting equipment, hardware and construction materials, office and residential furniture, construction. Obtains and evaluates vendors’ quotations, conducts market surveys; analyses prices and makes recommendation on the best offer based on technical specifications, price, and delivery terms. Prepares documentation to execute procurements via Petty Cash, Purchase Orders, Requisitions, Delivery Orders, Blanket Purchase Agreements, Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Purchase orders, Requisitions, Government Purchase Card Orders for overseas and local procurements, ensuring all Department of State and other applicable regulations are followed and approvals are obtained.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two years in administrative, procurement, or customer service field are required.
- Job Holder must have basic knowledge of procurement procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of Chisinau streets and businesses is required.
At least two years of full-time post-secondary study at college or university are required.
LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (fluency) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is required. Level IV (fluency) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good computer skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and to learn State Department specific software packages is required.
- Must have good negotiating skills and be familiar with VAT-reimbursement procedures.
- Must possess valid local type B driver's license. Must have had driver’s license for a minimum of five years (Driving skills may be tested.)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Closing date for receipt of applications is June 6, 2022 at 23:59 Chisinau time. Please note that the only way to apply for this position is to use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Psiholog la Telefonul Copilului
- Office Manager Asistent Personal
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Social Protection Officer
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de inginer principal responsabil de suport si calitate TIC
- Termeni de referință/ Angajare ”Administrator/Administratoare” CIDP ARA_Soroca
- Consulting services for reviewing and assessing the existing legal framework regulating entrepreneurial activity, under the World Bank Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project
- Project Assistant (Migration Health Department)
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals only
- Moldova.org angajează Social Media & Community Manager (2în1)
- Extended deadline - National Consultants in Climate Change Mitigation and MRV Systems Thematic