Position: Grants Coordinator
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity Program (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: June 2022 – April 2027
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) seeks to support Moldova’s economic recovery, advance the Government of Moldova’s economic Action Plan, strengthen public economic governance institutions, improve the trade and investment enabling environment, and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Grants Coordinator will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Oversee grants-under-contract component;
- Supervise and support grantees;
- Work with project team to publicize Request for Applications to ensure competitive grant-making process;
- Manage grant evaluation, award, and post-award monitoring, assessing prospective grantees’ ability to handle grants ahead of award;
- Support revision/editing of applicant’s proposals and review budget estimates for allowable costs, reasonableness, and consistency;
- Prepare grant agreements in collaboration with the Director of Program Operations and ensure documentation is complete and recorded in Awards Management system;
- Track grant fund during implementation on a monthly basis, cumulatively and by grantee;
- Assist and direct grantees during implementation, focusing on finance, procurement, and compliance;
- Ensure grantee and project compliance with USAID regulations and any Special Award Conditions;
- Conduct site visits of grantees, as necessary;
- Prepare cost and no-cost amendments to grant agreements as necessary, in collaboration with the Director of Operations;
- Work with the procurement Manager on any procurement elements under the grants component;
- Assist with grants reporting to USAID;
- Oversee grant completion and closeout;
- Verify and audit Environmental Review Form or Environmental Review checklists submitted by applicants to ensure funded activities will not harm the environment, to develop mitigation measures as necessary, and to specify monitoring and reporting; and
- Audit grantees for compliance and escalating grants and procurement irregularities to the Director of Program Operations, as necessary.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Director of Program Operations that are consistent with this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
The Grant Coordinator will report to the Director of Program Operations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, political science, finance, economics or a related field required. Masters preferred;
- At least three (3) years of experience in grants management for USAID funded development programs;
- Knowledge of the regulations governing USAID grants under contract;
- Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to build grantee and project staff capacity for grants management and to monitor their performance;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; and
- Fluency in English and Romanian.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (two pages maximum) to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com with “Applying for Grants Coordinator” in the subject line. Please apply by June 5, 2022. If applying to multiple positions, please send a separate email for each position. Only long-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for test/interview.