Title: Procurement Analyst - Humanitarian Preparedness and Response, NOA, Chisinau, Moldova, Temporary Appointment
Please note that this position is open to nationals of the Republic of Moldova only.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, and in consultation with the Humanitarian Coordinator, the Procurement Analyst provides support to the Humanitarian programme team related to procurement of goods, supplies and services and responds creatively to the complex procurement challenges in Moldova to ensure timely delivery of programme interventions.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA's new strategic plan (2022-2025) focuses on the three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
UNFPA Moldova is actively involved in the humanitarian refugee response to the Ukrainian crises, supporting provision of women and girls’ health services, including reproductive maternal health and psychosocial support and Gender-Based Violence support and referral assistance to refugees from Ukraine to the Republic of Moldova.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results. We need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Expected Results/Description of Responsibilities:
The Procurement Analyst will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and planning procurement activities:
- Overseeing all procurement activities in the CO and ensure the most economical and timely delivery of complete procurement portfolio by use of relevant procurement process;
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the country office procurement planning and provide guidance to the Country Office to implement sound mechanisms for forecasting, planning and logistics management in the country;
- Reviews procurement requests and initiates procurement procedures for goods/services in a transparent and cost-effective manner; recommends procurement decision;
- In close collaboration and coordination with the programme and operations team, ensure all contracts for professional services are monitored and implemented in a timely manner;
- Closely monitor the effectiveness of internal processes and procedures and suggest changes for improvement and/or facilitate the development of Standard operating procedures (SoPs) where necessary;
- Ensure that all procurement actions are undertaken in the most effective and efficient manner and carried out in accordance with prevailing UNFPA Policies and Procedures;
- Keep the CO abreast of latest developments in Policies and Procedures and provide support to the CO learning initiative;
- Participate in internal programme/operations meetings to provide technical guidance relating to procurement;
- Ensure information in the shipment tracker is accurate and up-to-date at all times;
- Maintains up-to-date and complete records, documentation and filing of all procurement processes;
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with procurement/technical colleagues in other UN agencies;
- Facilitate communication and information exchange between the CO and UNFPA SCMU in Copenhagen by ensuring timeliness, adequacy, relevance and quality of procurement support to the country.
- Conducting tenders for emergency procurement related to humanitarian response:
- Conduct tenders for humanitarian response in accordance with the procurement component of the Fast Track Policies and Procedures on behalf of CO;
- Consult with requestor on specifications, advise on best practices and initiate procurement process;
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers for goods and services to be procured in the specific humanitarian crisis;
- Prepare RFQs/ITBs/RFPs for the specific procurement cases and ensure that the documents are in line with UNFPA Procurement Procedures;
- Debrief unsuccessful bidders, if required and resolve issues and problems that may arise as a result of disqualification;
- Review and submit cases to the Emergency Contracts Review Committee when applicable;
- Provide guidance and assistance in emergency procurement, including procurement component of the Fast Track Policies and Procedures for country offices conducting procurement locally;
- Do Vendor Registration in the ERP system;
- Process, issue and manage Purchase Orders using the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system of UNFPA after ensuring completeness of the requests to reflect vital details and confirming that the most cost effective proposals are selected, communicated and followed up with the customers;
- Coordinating and managing UNFPA inventory:
- Supervise and control the daily logistics operations including cold chain requirements when applicable, storage, transportation and distribution/dispatching;
- Leads and coordinates the periodic physical count of inventories items; conducts monthly verification of inventory records in shipment tracker and supporting documentation;
- Contributes to the management of UNFPA assets and facilities, including insurance requirements;
- Actively participates in procurement and logistics related inter-agency meetings and working groups to ensure that UNFPA’s interests are reflected in common system activities related to logistics.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in business administration, public administration, procurement, Economics information technology or other related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to 2 years of increasing relevant professional experience at national or international level in a multicultural environment.
- Qualification in procurement, CIPS certification is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with the UN is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of web based management systems.
- Strong UN/ BoS familiarity, including common office processes will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
The United Nations Population Fund offers you an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits. Staff members in National Officer Category that are locally recruited are compensated in accordance with the best prevailing conditions of service locally. You can learn more about tax exemption, allowances and benefits, holidays and leave, health insurance, and retirement pension of NO staff on the UN Careers website or the United Nations website".
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 26 May 2022.