Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection, migration, access to justice and health projects, we support more than 4 million children and their families in more than 30 countries each year.
Working in Moldova since 2004, Terre des hommes is dedicated to ensuring the fulfilment of Children’s fundamental rights and the proper protection of all children in Moldova. More information about the work of Terre des hommes may be obtained on our websites: www.tdh.md; www.tdh.ch.
About the role:
The Child Protection Specialist contributes to the quality implementation of the child protection interventions at the country level, across all programmes and projects. Offers technical assistance to Tdh national and local partners on child protection activities. Advance the child protection activities as relevant and necessary, particularly on child and youth participation, empowerment and resilience; formal and non-formal child protection systems strengthening; capacity development of child protection actors and offers technical support for child protection related policy developments.
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: Local position, 1 year fixed-term full-time employment contract with the possibility of extension
Deadline: 31 May 2022
If you are interested, please apply at email@example.com, by sending a CV and motivation letter (max 1 page).
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute to and participate in the development of country situation analyses or needs assessments, strategic planning, project design, proposal review, in line with child protection policies and strategies.
- Integrate, promote, facilitate mainstreaming and implementation of child protection related approaches into Tdh programming in the country and across different projects.
- Participate in initiating and spreading innovative child and youth participation practices or models.
- Carry out child protection and psychosocial interventions.
- Facilitate child protection related capacity development initiatives of social actors within Moldova, including through formal training.
- Contribute to Tdh Moldova advocacy and networking on child protection and violence against children issues.
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions for the protection of children in Moldova.
- Participate in research on child protection, including focused on ensuring quality integration of child protection protocols, ethics and methodologies.
- Document child protection practices, share knowledge, lessons learned, promising practices, and research findings.
- When delegated, represent Tdh child protection work and ensure Tdh positioning within national and local professional networks and forums on child protection related issues.
Requirements for the position:
- Relevant university education.
- Confirmed experience in developing training materials and delivering trainings.
- Field experience of working directly with children
- Experience and methodological knowledge on child participatory processes.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in Romanian language. Very good oral and writing skills in English language.
Please make sure your CV and motivation letter clearly outline how you think you are the best fit for the job and how you would pick up the role immediately in this emergency’s dynamic and changing environment.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.