The U.S. Embassy is hiring an English Language Coordinator
The English Language Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Emerging Voices Specialist (EV) and receives work guidance from the Regional English Language Officer (RELO), who may be located in another country, and has no supervisory responsibilities. Coordinates Mission PD English language outreach to EV audiences, reaching youth, minorities and those who influence them through English teaching and learning programs. Conceives, develops, and implements both in-person and virtual English language teaching and learning projects and activities, and organizes teacher training and professional development opportunities for English teachers.
Qualifications and Evaluations for Vacancy Announcement: Chisinau-2022-20
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of English Language teaching experience or a minimum of two years of English language teaching experience and at least one additional year of experience in teacher training, including organizing and presenting workshops, OR a minimum of three years of experience in project management which includes organizing and presenting workshops is required.
University degree in English, Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Education, Applied Linguistics, American Studies or local equivalent is required.
Qualifications and Evaluations for Vacancy Announcement: Chisinau-2022-20S
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years of English Language teaching experience or a minimum of four years of English language teaching experience and at least one additional year of experience in teacher training, including organizing and presenting workshops, or a minimum of five years of experience in project management which includes organizing and presenting workshops is required.
At least 2 years of college or university studies (no specific field of study required).
- Detailed knowledge of the U.S. higher education system is required.
- Must have knowledge of the latest trends in teaching English as a foreign language and general knowledge of cross-cultural communications.
- Must have general knowledge of project management, including defining project objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods.
- Detailed knowledge of Moldovan secondary and tertiary academic institutions, standards of instruction and English language curricula is required.
- Knowledge of typical customer service standards and marketing tools designed to engage specific audience segments in Moldova is required.
- Knowledge of latest trends in audience engagement in related public service institutions such as think tanks, museums, academic institutions, professional training institutes, is required.
- Must understand communication trends in the region and internationally as it affects the Moldovan information landscape.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (fluency) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills and the ability to conceptualize how best to use PD tools to move Moldovan attitudes in positive ways. Must be able to advise senior leaders of opportunities to promote Mission objectives through English teaching and learning; identify, analyze, predict, and continually assess audience attitudes; evaluate the impact of projects and modify approaches for best outcomes. Must be able to perceive the emergence of new influencers and adjust operations and program accordingly.
Communication / Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent customer relations, interpersonal cross-cultural communication skills, and be able to identify and engage key figures critical to shaping local public opinion. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, interviewing for evaluation purposes, writing reports, and contributing material for publication in both English and Romanian. Must be able to brief on a variety of issues and interpret between English and Romanian for public programs.
Management skills: Strong project management skills are required, including the ability to develop and oversee project budgets and to organize, run, and present professional and educational projects such as workshops, seminars, digital and in-person conferences, panel discussions, lectures, and camps. Must be able to negotiate agreements with partner institutions and manage their fulfillment.
Technical skills: Good keyboarding and data entry skills and excellent familiarity with electronic discovery tools, in particular the Internet, and standard information retrieval practices and procedures are required. Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Public Diplomacy-specific software, databases, and reporting tools is required. Must be able to use social media and mobile platforms, photo and video sharing sites, and basic photo and video tools. Must have good numerical skills to be able to develop and manage project and grant budgets; must be able to develop descriptive statistical analysis of target audience segments and impact of English language activities and initiatives.
Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Moldova to support English language projects and activities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Closing date for receipt of applications is May 29, 2022 at 23:59 Chisinau time. Please note that the only way to apply for this position is to use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Deadline Extended to 5 April 2023 @ 18:00 - Deputy Task Order Lead (DTOL)
- People in Need Moldova is hiring a Livelihood Project Manager ( Bălți )
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator secția prognoze
- Call for expression of interest - Secretariat staff – Commission 2 Vetting - Moldova
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un formator/ o formatoare sau o echipă de formatori ce va presta servicii de instruire în domeniul voluntariatului și mobilizării comunitare
- Consulting services for the position of Matching Grants Facility Monitoring&Evaluation Officer, under the World Bank Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project
- Manager Fundraising pentru România și Moldova
- U.S. Embassy is hiring a Human Resources Assistant
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Associate - Energy, Environment and Climate Change Cluster
- Centrul Media pentru Tineri (CMT) angajează psiholog/ă