Amnesty International Moldova (AIM) is hiring a Human Rights Defender, with Master’s Degree in Law for the job position of Program Coordinator for Legal Professionals
- To maintain and expand the AIM working networks among Legal Professionals,
- To ensure high-quality correspondence with AIM partners, s
stakeholders, members and beneficiaries.
- To promote and shape lobbying and advocacy campaigns on Human Rights issues.
- To organize and facilitate various meetings, Human Rights labs, workshops, and debates on heated subjects.
- To write, apply for, as well as manage a steady stream of projects and grants.
- To identify with Amnesty International mission and vision, goals and values and are able to represent them clearly and confidently in Romanian, English (business fluent) and Russian.
- To possess profound knowledge of the area of expertise and have sound experience with comparable tasks.
- To possess a Master’s degree in Law, or a comparable qualification as well as experience in conducting talks, moderating events, and facilitating workshops.
- To possess a degree of experience in writing and managing international projects, as well as the initiative to constantly write and apply for new ones.
- To possess a degree of experience in working with teams and people with various backgrounds
- You are creative, engaging and convincing and love to initiate projects, accompany them and bring them to a successful conclusion.
- Your other strengths include your loyalty, your stylistically confident way of communicating both orally and in writing, as well as a good degree of resilience and ability to work under pressure.
We offer you:
- an exciting job in an international Human Rights organisation and the opportunity to work towards defending and promoting Human Rights, as well as contribute directly to long term changes
- An attractive wellbeing package, substantial health benefits and a certain budget for personal development
- space to share and implement your own ideas and the chance to make a decisive contribution to the organisation's progress
- an appropriate salary, that’s up for negotiation and good opportunities for further training and development
- travel opportunities
- tea, coffee, sweets and a friendly team
Are you interested? Then please apply by 20 of May 2022, by sending us a CV with cover letter explaining your motivation and experience, as well as 3 contact persons for reference at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amnesty International Moldova (AIM) is a non-governmental organization, the key activities of which include the fight against discrimination and promotion of social, economic, and cultural rights, education for human rights in schools and among specialised groups, campaigning, as well as monitoring the human right situation in the Republic of Moldova. AIM is divided into four programmes: Human Rights Education, Activism and Growth, Campaigns, and Legal Professionals for Human Rights.
AIM has been organizing capacity building trainings for practicing defense lawyers, who then use their newly acquired skills to defend the rights of many people internationally as the domestic justice system often fails them. Likewise, AIM has developed and implemented a school curriculum for Human Rights Education, which is currently an elective in primary and middle-school grades. AIM also promotes the creation of Amnesty schools for child human rights defenders.
Our activity is based strictly on the provisions of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Conventions, Pacts and Agreements in the human rights area.
Here you can find our 2022-2030 Strategy