Title: Temporary Appointment - Programme Associate - Humanitarian Preparedness and Response, Chisinau, Moldova, GS6
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Assistant Representative and Operations Manager, and the direct supervision of the Humanitarian Coordinator, the Programme Associate supports the Humanitarian programme team. S/he works in close collaboration with the Humanitarian team, Programme and Operations staff in the Moldova Country Office to ensure effective and efficient programme implementation of the humanitarian response.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
UNFPA Moldova is actively involved in the humanitarian refugee response to the Ukrainian crises, supporting provision of women and girls’ health services, including reproductive maternal health and psychosocial support and Gender-Based Violence support and referral assistance to refugees from Ukraine to the Republic of Moldova.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need principled and ethical staff, who embody human rights norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Expected Results/Description of Responsibilities:
- Effective Support to the Preparation, Implementation and Monitoring of the Humanitarian Response Programme
- Research and Knowledge Management Sharing
- Programme Finance and Operational Support
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree in business/public administration, finance, economics or relevant social science discipline desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in programme planning, monitoring and data support systems and in financial management in private, national and/or international organizations.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and a good basic knowledge of finances and mastery of a series of financial and spreadsheet software.
- Previous experience in the UN or NGOs is an asset.
- Experience in ERP Systems (SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, Atlas etc.) is an asset.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 18 May 2022.