The U.S. Embassy is hiring a Temporary Protocol Assistant
Under the supervision of the Senior Protocol Assistant, the jobholder provides support on protocol related matters to the Ambassador, Deputy Chief of Mission, and their spouses. The responsibilities are performed in three languages (English, Romanian and Russian) and include organizing representational events, making appointments and maintaining contacts with members of the diplomatic community and host country government, screening correspondence and telephone calls, drafting protocol correspondence and maintaining the contact database.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience working in an administrative capacity for highly placed executives or government officials utilizing spoken and written English.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The Jobholder must have a solid understanding of Moldova's political, economic and social structure and institutions. Must have knowledge of Moldovan Government protocol, general etiquette and social traditions in Moldova. Must have an understanding of the functions of a diplomatic mission.
Two years of college/university studies.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Optional:
- Ability to develop and maintain an extensive range of contacts in the Moldovan business, diplomatic, religious and social spheres, as well as with officials in political parties.
- Must provide excellent customer service, dealing effectively, professionally, and tactfully with a broad range of people at different levels within the Embassy, the Moldovan Government, and with Moldovan citizens contacting the Embassy.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise with the Microsoft Office suite.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for receipt of applications is March 3, 2022 at 23:59 Chisinau time. To apply for this position you must use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- HelpAge Moldova angajeaza un consultant(ă) elaborarea unui raport de evaluare în domeniul asistenței sociale
- AO ”Părinți Solidari” angajează expert/expertă în crearea ChatBot
- UNDP Moldova: Security Guard (NPSA3) - Common Services Account Project
- APSCF contractează prestator servicii video
- Concurs pentru selectarea funcțiilor vacante la Agenția Națională pentru Cercetare și Dezvoltare
- Agenția de Dezvoltare Regională Centru anunță prelungirea concursului de angajare pentru funcția de Inginer în Unitatea de Implementare a proiectului ,,Îmbunătățirea infrastructurii de apă în Moldova Centrală”
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al Direcției administrarea patrimoniului și servicii sociale
- Management Systems International is hiring for Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager
- CRS Moldova is hiring Finance Assistant
- Junior Energy Efficiency Intern - Moldova