- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Moldova
- Requisition ID: FUN00002F
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Job Field: Administration & Support
- Grade: G3
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Posting Date: Jan 21, 2022
- Closing Date: Feb 19, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: None
The incumbent drives a motor vehicle to transport daily the Head of Mission. When the HoM or Acting HoM do not need his services, he will occasionally drive other OSCE staff, visitors, documents, goods etc., as instructed.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement/Materials Management Officer and with general guidance of the CFA, the incumbent is in charge of proper day-to-day management of transportation services in the MtM. This includes coordination of the driving schedules of the Mission drivers, proper and timely maintenance of the car fleet, monitoring and control of the usage of the official vehicles and fuel consumed in accordance with the CRMS and electronic fleet management and reporting tools of the organization, like Fleet-wave, etc. The incumbent conducts driving tests when required.
- Drives OSCE vehicles to transport the Head of Mission and participate in the protection and safety of the Head of Mission;
- Delivers and collect mail, documents and other items, meets official personnel at the airport, transports non-OSCE Mission members when requested;
- Determine the best routes to and from destinations, including to the airports, and alter driving routes when traffic/weather conditions warrant;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle/s pool, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc., performs minor repairs and/or arranges for other repairs and that vehicles are refilled and refuelled in due time;
- Implements internal OSCE policies and procedures in relation to transport matters;
- Ensures to the extension possible that the MtM staff driving the official vehicles follow the OSCE internal policies and procedures, Moldovan traffic rules;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are followed in case of involvement in accident, or in case that the vehicle breaks down and provides assistance for vehicles and personnel recovery. Develops and maintains accident case files;
- Provides appropriate training to personnel on vehicle management, records and documentation. Provides winter driving training and tyre-change training to all Mission staff;
- Co-ordinates the work of the Mission drivers and assists with performance evaluation of drivers;
- Responsible for registration, timely registration extension and de-registration of OSCE vehicles and private cars of international staff in the respective state services;
- Prepares newly arrived official vehicles for use, ensures that a vehicle is fully equipped with safe/radio equipment and necessary vehicle accessories as per Centre’s internal policies, assigns a specific parking lot;
- Prepares the official vehicles for winter/summer seasons including change of tires, consults OSCE drivers regarding appropriate actions to be taken in preparation for winter season;
- Conducts driving tests for the OSCE staff along with Security Officer and familiarizes the staff with the OSCE policies and procedures;
- Updating monthly vehicle insurance list and annual green cards (insurance);
- On a monthly basis, logs official trips, daily km reading, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc., monitors data, analyses and reports on the data from the Trip Ticket (driver’s name, destination, daily km, fuel consumption, service, repair or maintenance costs);
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle folders;
- Reports through the electronic fleet management and reporting tools of the organization, like Fleet-wave, etc. to ensure effective and efficient use of Mission cars;
- Arranges maintenance, minor and capital repair of the OSCE vehicles to ensure road-worthiness and safety. Responsible for preparation and updating data on repair and maintenance of each vehicle of the MtM;
- Consults the National Procurement/Materials Management Officer and the CFA on optimization of costs related to maintenance and repair of the official vehicles;
- Assists the National Procurement/Materials Management Officer and the CFA in preparation of budget related to maintenance and repair of the MtM vehicles;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova.
- Secondary Education; valid driving license minimum B, E category;
- Minimum of 2 years of driving experience with experience requiring awareness of security issues;
- Experience driving 4x4 vehicles;
- Experience in maintenance and minor vehicle repair;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications;
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English. Good spoken communication skills in Romanian and Russian.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction is EUR 458. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please seehttps://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.