The GIZ is looking for a (Junior) Technical Officer - Communication and Visibility for its project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”, which is financed by both the European Union as well as the German Government.
This position is expected to start on 15th of February 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension.
The primary role of the (Junior) Technical Officer – Communication and Visibility is a) to develop, coordinate and implement the communication and visibility plan for the EU funded programme EU4Moldova: Local Communities, as well as b) to develop and implement the external communication concept and activities for the GIZ project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”.
The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau. The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Developing, coordinating and implementing the communication & visibility action plan of the EU funded programme EU4Moldova: Local Communities. GIZ is coordinating this Multi Partner Contribution via its project;
- Developing and implementing the external communication concept and activities of the GIZ project;
- Advising the project´s partners (e.g. Ministry of Economy, State Chancellery) on their communication work in the context of development cooperation;
- Coordinating cooperation with external communication service providers (e.g. appraisers, agencies, photographers, trainers, copywriters);
- Assuring the quality of pools of appraisers, service providers (text, printers, graphic designers, proof-readers, lithography etc.).
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area;
- Working experience in communication and visibility is of advantage, preferably within the international development community;
- Experience with the communication and visibility framework of GIZ as well as the EU is of advantage;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn;
- High level of sensitivity, eloquence and a confident manner communicating in a political context;
- Strong command of communication technologies and applications;
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials and other GIZ partners;
- Mature initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility;
- Be able to work autonomously and on own initiative while reporting regularly to the line manager;
- Be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and donor landscape in Moldova;
- Excellent planner and implementer, capable of cheerfully withstanding pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English, Romanian & Russian; German would be an asset;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other);
- Willing and able to travel inside and outside the country for event support, when needed.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 19th of January 2022, time 15:00 to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.